• Subscribe
  • You have identified a need, how do you get your first 100 paying customers?

Mehdi Rifai
    13 replies
    Most first time founders will go about coding an MVP and designing flashy LPs, launch and see no one coming to use their tool 😬 So here is my advice: ❓First how well do you know that need? Have you spoken with at least 10 of them? Have you asked those customers to pay your software based on your clickable prototype (Figma is your friend here)? 💵 Asking for money on a prototype helps settle the debate and we go from that's a great idea to well I wouldn't actually pay for that because of X. ✅ So talk to customers and get them to buy before coding anything. You would be amazed at how far you can take a customer down the buying process without having anything that works. ✍️ When you have validated that customers are actually going to pay for your software you know how to convince them and write a proper LP to sell your product. Make your LP pain focus not feature focus and avoid overwhelming users with too much information! ✉️ At this point, no ads required yet only things that don't scale. You can start reaching out to your customers with personalized soft sales pitch by email, Linkedin and Twitter. There you can identify your one channel where you're going to build your go to market strategy. This will help you better qualify your ICP and refine your sales pitch.

Replies

Saul Fleischman
    Talking to bloggers, helping them with what makes them money while using our products. Twitter, early and often. Being supportive to fellow founders.
    LisaKim
    Thank you so much for this tip! I hope we get 100 customers through our launch today :) Come check out Maimovie - the new recommendation AI is out for FREE to experience 🔥
    Jaydeep Dhrangiya
    @ Sqwad @mycelebs_elle You're very welcome! It's always a pleasure to provide insights and comments on interesting topics like AI-powered mobile app like chatgpt called JustAIChat. If you have any more questions or would like to know more about anything related to AI or machine learning, feel free to ask! please support JustAIChat
    Madeleine Nichols
    selling a 'dream' definitely preserves your available resources
    Ben Putzer
    Love this advice! My favorite thing to do at this stage is talking to customers and having friendly conversations via email and Zoom to our initial customers. No better way to find out what they want then by talking to them! Also, be sure to check out Cuely, we launched today. Would love to hear your feedback!
    John Koo
    Great advice! Knowing your customers' needs and asking for payment on a clickable prototype is key. Personalized soft sales pitches by email or social media can also go a long way in building relationships with early customers.
    Mehdi Rifai
    @imjohnkoo definitely and it greatly reduces your risk (and saves you time!) to start developing something that won't cash you money in
    Minhazur Rahaman Ratul
    Great stuff! The key is the ability to sell not designing landing pages.