• Subscribe
  • What tech stack is best for a new startup in 2024?

Aryan Sharma
    18 replies

Replies

Sia
    Depends what you build, obviously. If you just need a website or some kind of API service etc, Vercel, Supabase and Cloudflare are top-notch and satisfy most needs when combined.
    Aryan Sharma
    @siavoshzarrasvand Absolutely, it really does depend on the project! Vercel, Supabase, and Cloudflare make a fantastic combo for many applications. They offer great performance and ease of use. Do you have any specific use cases in mind where you’ve found these tools particularly effective?
    Vivin Deenathayalan
    @siavoshzarrasvand i feel that cottage industry that AWS created still makes my jaw drop
    Rupal Saini
    Workflow automation tools: Zapier, Make Sales/revenue tools: Truebase, Smartlead, Pipedrive, Intercom Project Management tools: JIRA, Trello, Notion Marketing: GA4, Contentful
    Aryan Sharma
    @rupal_saini Is Linear still not in the trend for Project management?
    Hjalte Niehorster
    Laravel + Vue(or next) + MySQL => deployed through Forge on Digital Ocean. FE => Tailwind with TailwindUI or Flowbite
    Aryan Sharma
    @hhn That sounds like a great stack! Laravel with Vue or Next.js is a smart choice, and Tailwind with TailwindUI or Flowbite makes building the UI so much easier. How's Forge working for you on Digital Ocean? Have you tried AWS or Heroku before?
    Hjalte Niehorster
    @aryansha3435 yeah I did both. But I hate the complex user permissions etc. For smaller products, DO works fine. I’ve invested in companies that run their 5million ARR business on a few DO droplets.
    Luke
    For a new startup in 2024, a solid tech stack should focus on flexibility, scalability, and fast development. - Front-end frameworks: React or Next.js - Back-end solutions: Node.js with Express or Python's Django are ideal. - For mobile, Flutter or React Native allow quick cross-platform development. - Stripe for payments, Google Analytics 4 for tracking, and Slack for team communication complete the stack.
    Aryan Sharma
    @lukeab180 I thought Springboot is in trend these days for Back-end.
    Paweł Puchalski
    There is no such thing as best stack. It depends on your product, team, and goals. However, this year I started looking around and trying out new things, and here are some of them (very subjective opinions): - Svelte: I love it for personal projects, but I'll still stick with React for most work since more developers are familiar with it. - Flutter: Same story as Svelte. It's my choice for personal mobile dev projects, but for broader work, I'll go with React Native. - Supabase: I’m really impressed with this as a BaaS. It helps me quickly build MVPs. - Golang: Well... I know this one is nothing new, but after years of working in Python and switching to Golang: you better put your seatbelts on because this thing is fast. Ultimately, don’t focus too much on what others are using. Choose what works for you in terms of scalability, time-to-market, and your team’s strengths.
    Aryan Sharma
    @pawel_puchalski Completely agree! There's no 'best' stack—it really depends on the project, your team, and what you're trying to achieve. Svelte and Flutter are awesome for personal projects, but I get why React and React Native are still the go-tos for bigger teams. Supabase is really impressive for quick MVPs too. And yeah, Golang is insanely fast! At the end of the day, it's all about finding what works best for your goals and what your team feels comfortable using.
    Prince
    It is based on a startup idea, there are several tech stacks based on specific niches.
    Aryan Sharma
    @prince36 That's true, the right tech stack really depends on the startup's niche and goals. Do you have any specific recommendations for certain niches, or trends you see growing in 2024?
    Ethan
    i don't konw
    Priyanka J
    React js is best choice for frontend obviouslyyy!! backend and db depends on product.
    Aryan Sharma
    @priyanka_j1 React is definitely a popular choice for the frontend, no doubt! Do you have any favorite backend and database combos that you've found work well with React, depending on the type of product?
    young thug
    For a new startup in 2024, consider using a tech stack like MERN (MongoDB, Express, React, Node.js) for web applications, or serverless architecture with AWS or Azure for scalability. Prioritize flexibility and ease of development to adapt quickly to market needs.