• Subscribe
  • What do you think about Ambient Mode of Youtube - New Feature

Caner Lenger
    20 replies
    Recently, YouTube also introduced ambient mode. What do you think about it? Did you like or not?

Replies

Daniyar Yeskaliyev
    Haven't tried it yet, didn't even notice.
    Daniyar Yeskaliyev
    @caner_lenger oh I see it now, but it's still barely noticeable (MacBook, Chrome)
    Caner Lenger
    @dan_yes Once you turn on Dark theme, ambient mode is automatically enabled. Youtube is suggesting as popup message at the left-bottom of the screen. Didn't see that? Also you can find "Ambient Mode" option at the settings tab.
    Daniyar Yeskaliyev
    @caner_lenger thanks for the tips though :D
    Paul Sutton
    Personally I barely noticed it on desktop, and did not care for it much on mobile. However, the rest of the UI update I find pleasant.
    Ashley
    @robert_sutton1 I barely noticed anything with ambient mode. I enjoy watching videos in theatre mode.
    Caner Lenger
    @robert_sutton1 me2. I wonder mobile side too.
    Csaba Zajdo
    Youtube's new ambient mode is a great idea that could cause a surge in audience engagement. With the ability to switch between two modes - the actual video and "atmosphere," this will give people more ways to interact with the content they like.
    Caner Lenger
    @zajdo_csaba That's the vision. Thank for your great opinions for future.
    Caner Lenger
    @rose_linda I think it will be transform something else. Currently so smooth. It's good but not attractive too much
    Jason Perez
    The new feature has low value, more of a nice to have. YouTube adding more ads has actually turned me away from the service.
    Caner Lenger
    @jason_perez4 That's an another good catch. It's trying to force premium usage and this brings with it the problem.
    Ana Rold
    Ambient mode uses a lighting effect to make watching videos in Dark theme more immersive, by casting gentle colors from To make it happen.
    Tibor Szantai
    I think YouTube is amazing content and a great way to learn from others. But this new feature makes it even better!
    Caner Lenger
    @tibor_szantai2 Yes they should follow gen-Z mentallity. Youtube is challenging with instagram stories & reels. Because user experience is changing via short videos and quick informations about "X Topic". So, I guess there is apperance update is need. gen-Z is expecting more visualization. They're so used to it from games.
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    Didn't notice it at first. After observing carefully, I must say it is quite bewitching.