• Subscribe
  • What do you think about Ambient Mode of Youtube - New Feature

Caner Lenger
    20 replies
    Recently, YouTube also introduced ambient mode. What do you think about it? Did you like or not?

Replies

Paul Sutton
    Personally I barely noticed it on desktop, and did not care for it much on mobile. However, the rest of the UI update I find pleasant.
    Caner Lenger
    @robert_sutton1 me2. I wonder mobile side too.
    Ashley
    @robert_sutton1 I barely noticed anything with ambient mode. I enjoy watching videos in theatre mode.
    Csaba Zajdo
    Youtube's new ambient mode is a great idea that could cause a surge in audience engagement. With the ability to switch between two modes - the actual video and "atmosphere," this will give people more ways to interact with the content they like.
    Caner Lenger
    @zajdo_csaba That's the vision. Thank for your great opinions for future.
    Daniyar Yeskaliyev
    Haven't tried it yet, didn't even notice.
    Caner Lenger
    @dan_yes Once you turn on Dark theme, ambient mode is automatically enabled. Youtube is suggesting as popup message at the left-bottom of the screen. Didn't see that? Also you can find "Ambient Mode" option at the settings tab.
    Daniyar Yeskaliyev
    @caner_lenger oh I see it now, but it's still barely noticeable (MacBook, Chrome)
    Daniyar Yeskaliyev
    @caner_lenger thanks for the tips though :D
    Caner Lenger
    @rose_linda I think it will be transform something else. Currently so smooth. It's good but not attractive too much
    Jason Perez
    The new feature has low value, more of a nice to have. YouTube adding more ads has actually turned me away from the service.
    Caner Lenger
    @jason_perez4 That's an another good catch. It's trying to force premium usage and this brings with it the problem.
    Ana Rold
    Ambient mode uses a lighting effect to make watching videos in Dark theme more immersive, by casting gentle colors from To make it happen.
    Tibor Szantai
    I think YouTube is amazing content and a great way to learn from others. But this new feature makes it even better!
    Caner Lenger
    @tibor_szantai2 Yes they should follow gen-Z mentallity. Youtube is challenging with instagram stories & reels. Because user experience is changing via short videos and quick informations about "X Topic". So, I guess there is apperance update is need. gen-Z is expecting more visualization. They're so used to it from games.
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    Didn't notice it at first. After observing carefully, I must say it is quite bewitching.