• Subscribe
  • Launching without coming soon page

Peyt Spencer Dewar
    16 replies
    Bad idea? Why or why not?

Replies

RDS
    Don’t ignore “coming soon” until or unless have million dollars for advertising. Coming soon makes hype and people aka real and loyal customers thinks + eagerly wait and for the product launch. Without it they can miss the newly launch product and can cause bad sale and this can impact your company.
    Peyt Spencer Dewar
    @rds1 true, but a million?!
    Soner Alemdar
    I think a coming soon page may have huge benefits
    RDS
    @psd example apple launching new product like iphone 15. Check insta, you will see random pics even without apple own leaks of design. So, this creates the hype results in more sale. Even tho they barely change the design. Only change after 3-4 yrs.
    Soner Alemdar
    @psd I would recommend to try and build a follower base, as these people will be notified for your launch. But also, building a coming soon landing page will give you the chance to send this to all your LinkedIn connections and they will click on ''Notify Me'' which means a lot of possible upvotes will be there for you. Also, you can keep the enthusiasm by having a ''countdown'' posting calendar. For example, you can start posting on your social media accounts 2 weeks prior to your launch, which may result with upvotes too!
    Lois Rodriguez
    Launching without a "Coming Soon" page might seem counterintuitive, but hear me out. Sometimes, skipping the traditional approach can actually work in your favor. By launching directly without a "Coming Soon" page, you create a sense of anticipation and curiosity among your target audience. It's like unveiling a surprise that they didn't see coming. This can generate buzz and excitement, leading to a stronger initial impact.
    Roberto Gómez - Scalar.so
    I don't see why it would be beneficial to launch without it.
    Trevor White
    I cold launched today. Very recommended against, but I believe the counter claim that putting too much thought and effort into launches is counterproductive. That time is better spent on your service. That does not mean putting a lot of work into launch is a bad thing, but it is not always the best thing. Landing pages are great if you have prospective clients before you even launch.
    Peyt Spencer Dewar
    @trevorwhite congrats on launching yesterday! Yes, I have been overanalyzing for the last few years. It's time.
    Heleana Grace
    I think if you're already a big name in the industry and everyone has their eyes on you, a Coming Soon page might not be necessary. People already know who they are, have seen some of their launches, and are already sort of trained to expect new things. But this applies to HUGE players like Apple. For smaller businesses, you need to both introduce yourself AND build anticipation for your product, so I'd say you don't want to skip out on a Coming Soon page and other smaller details like this.
    Renat Abyasov
    I think the 'coming soon' page helps to evaluate the product on several criteria even before the launch. For example, you can understand the interest in the product, growth points and additional features. And you can understand how well your marketing strategy is working to promote the product, perhaps it needs more support.
    Gabriella S. - Designpulse.co
    I just launched my Design studio. I'd really appreciate your upvote. https://rb.gy/b9dim