• Subscribe
  • As a founder what do you spend the majority of your time doing?

Wyatt Feaster
    9 replies

Replies

Maria Hagsten
    As a 3-person team, we all have to take on many roles. Right now, I think my breakdown is: 40% marketing and sales (including community building, PH, etc.) + 20% Product managing + 20% research + 20% design. How about you, @wyatt_feaster How's life on Email Emu?
    Wyatt Feaster
    @maria_hagsten that’s helpful to know! Wow so many things. Right now because I have a fulltime role as well I am splitting my time between community building, spending time getting emails aggregated into the site, communicating with developers, and planning out the steps prior to launch!
    Maria Hagsten
    @wyatt_feaster Sounds like you have a full plate too 😅 Hope you're enjoying the process at the same time. Sometimes when I feel it's too much, I remind myself how rewarding it is to build my own and it fires up my motivation. And I remind myself to enjoy it while it lasts as who knows what's around the corner 🤞
    Wyatt Feaster
    @maria_hagsten 100%! I have burned out in the past so this time I have really been enjoying the process. Sometimes day I work more then others in an effort to constantly enjoy it. Then I know the end goal is to go full-time into the EmailEmu!
    Maria Hagsten
    @wyatt_feaster Sorry to hear you've gone through that. Me too. I hope you stay burn-out-free and reach all your goals. Best of luck with EmailEmu in general and your upcoming PH launch in particular.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    Juggling various tasks but trying to niche down most of my time into things that I can control. I don't handle the technical side so pre launch its a lot of community building - pipeline building for affiliates - sales calls with software companies - building email copy for various campaigns and flows - wire-framing support docs and lots of active communication with our CTO/CEO about where we are at re: build and rollout timeline / beta cohort!
    Wyatt Feaster
    @dzaitzow The juggling tasks is so true. I feel like I am trying to engage in a bunch of communities to help spread the word, but the time commitment on that is so many hours!
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @wyatt_feaster past week+ I have spent 4+ hours on PH and LinkedIn trying to do outreach and build my pre launch community. It feels like such a waste sometimes but I think its a macro level thing - all those little drops in the bucket eventually fill it up!
    Wyatt Feaster
    @dzaitzow that’s a good point! Overtime it all ads up