• Subscribe
  • Would you use a payments solution if it helped the planet?

John Velasco
    2 replies
    I am exploring ways to help businesses increase social good transparently and cost-effectively. As a customer on the checkout page, would you be influenced by which payment method to use if one of them was helping that business you're purchasing from increase their social impact, at no additional cost to you (ie. it's NOT a round-up or extra donation)? It offers the same basic convenience as the other options (eg. 1-click checkout). Let's call this new payment option the good button. As the poll cuts off the text, here they are in full: - Yes I would pay with the good button as it's good for the planet - I'm indifferent, I'll use the one that's most sensible for me in the moment - No it wouldn't impact my choice, the options are more or less the same to me - No I wouldn't use the good button as I use my default preferred method - No I wouldn't use the good button, social impact is not a checkout issue for me - No I wouldn't use the good button as I am skeptical of its benefits - Yes I would pay with the good button not because of social impact benefits, but I dislike the other options Edit: would value your expression of interest as show of support at https://good.inc/customer Note on mobile app I notice this poll doesn’t appear. I think the poll only shows on desktop Product Hunt.

Replies

Deniz Sutaş
    I replied 'Yes', but my decision would be mostly impacted by how this 'good' would be implemented, I certainly need to learn more about how stuff works before I engage it. An informative note placed by the checkout button would go a long way.
    John Velasco
    @deniz_sutas thank you for the feedback! Yes totally agree. The mechanism I’m trying to build is zero cost to the customer and potentially cheaper for the business vs their current payment providers or other impact funding, whilst fuelling the impact economy in a beneficial way. If you’re interested to learn more pls show your expression of interest at https://good.inc/customer 🙌