• Subscribe
  • Work-Life-Sleep Patterns

Irete Hamdani
    7 replies
    What's your daily routine like? I like to both go to bed late and also wake up early. The only way this can work is if I split my sleep into two. 4-5 hours at night and then 1-2 hours in the afternoon. Does anyone else do this? I'm curious to see if its just me or not.

Replies

Rich Watson
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    i too stay up late because less distractions, easier to get more done. but because our app and service runs during stock market hours I'm up early. so i also catch an hour or 2 nap later in the afternoon
    Debi Barik
    Great to see a founder's work-life balance. I totally agree sleep gives peace and as well as boost fuel to start the new day with more focus and achieve goals. Even I, like to wake early and hit my gym which helps me recharge my body energy and make to put to sleep like a baby.
    NitroGen
    Never liked to sleep during the day to be honest. I try to sleep 7-8 hours at night, and if I can't and sleep less, then I buy an energy drink, after which I become more productive. It's probably wrong, but I still like my current regimen.
    When not committed to an employer, this is the way my body deals with rest and awake. When I'm working mentally on a problem and get drained, I find that helps just to rest and then come back to it. After awhile, I noticed that I work on the computer for 4-6 hours with standing breaks, then I need to sleep a couple hours. Of course being employed doesn't allow the freedom for this regimen, lol, but that's what my body asks for.
    Santa
    Interesting question Irete! :) I tend to fall in a similar pattern when I am overworked. Generally I would just prefer to sleep somewhere arround 1pm till 9am uninterrupted for 8 hours and not to have a daily nap. I feel I waste more time when I have to nap, because it takes me time to actually fall asleep and then again be fully awake after waking up.