• Subscribe
  • Which platform do you prefer for community building?

Vali Lupoaie
    11 replies

Replies

Johny burg
    My all time favorite is LinkedIn, I am surprised why you have not mentioned it.
    Vali Lupoaie
    @johny_burg I also use LinkedIn to create brand awareness. This works perfectly. But a community on LinkedIn is not so easy to manage. Some of your posts don’t get to all of your followers or connections. And also, not everyone will publicly share their opinion on the comment section. That’s why I use discord.
    Vali Lupoaie
    I personally started a Discord server with more channels to cover different aspects of our startup. Which one do you prefer?
    Nick Martin
    Discord is great for audio and video sharing. It doesn't do very well if you want more of a forum type where you can have posts and categories.
    Vali Lupoaie
    @nicholasjohnmartin as I know, it has both possibilities, for chat and images too. I'm using this option, I have different channels where I invite people to participate. https://discord.gg/DRJhQ47SxY in case you want to have a look.
    Nick Martin
    @valilus yep I know it does (I'm in a few crypto Discords). The problem I see is if you have conversations that repeat like typical support questions, getting started, best practices, etc. they often get lost in the flow of new conversations. These aren't typically nested into topics. Sure you can search. Sure you can start a thread, but afaik they get unthreaded after 24 hours? I love Discord, just wish it had the functionality of topics and not just the constant stream of conversations.
    Johny burg
    And PH also
    Vali Lupoaie
    @johny_burg what happens with the members? How do you interact with them and how they interact with each other?
    Rich Watson
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    discord every time
    Vali Lupoaie
    @richw could you share the link to your server? I'll join too