• Subscribe
  • Which phase of the product/service is the best for launching on Product Hunt?

Cenk Cetin
    7 replies

Replies

Boris Misikov
    It depends on the goals you have for the launch. If you are in a super early stage, let's say you have an idea for your product, you can create a landing page with a waiting list and launch on PH. The launch will give you feedback, which is crucial in the early stages.
    Nico Spijker
    Considering you can launch every 6 months I think it is very easily separated over different stages. For example, pre-launch, you can get beta users in to give you early feedback on your product. Then 6 months later, you can launch your already live product. And continue doing so for every 6-12 months as considerable changes happen to your product. This way you can present new changes and iterations of your product through different life stages.
    Rich Watson
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    any stage really, you can do a launch to put together an email list, then again when you have a private beta, again public beta, then again on a completed product, then again when you have added significant changes or features. considering they are 6 months apart of course.
    Fabian Maume
    As mentioned by @nicospijkers you can relaunch every 6 months, so every phase of your project can benefit from a product hunt launch. In early stage you won't be able to reach the top 5 as you need some pre-existing audience to do so, but you can still gain 100 to 300 visits on your website by finishing in the top 20. Just do not over-invest time in your first launch, it is better to go for a no-frill launch: https://medium.com/@fabian-maume...
    Ataei
    @nicospijkers /@fabian @fabian_maume Does it mean I should be satisfied finishing #18? :))
    Fabian Maume
    @nicospijkers /@fabian @zoom_in for a first launch finishing in top 20 is good ;) You can prepare a relaunch in 6 month time targeting the top 10
    Ataei
    @nicospijkers /@fabian @fabian_maume I'll probably release the app before then. But I imagine it's still a good idea to relaunch, with more modification.