• Subscribe
  • Which is the best platform to build an design community?

iman uddin bhuiyan
    5 replies

Replies

Vishal Patel
    There are several platforms available to build and design communities online, and the best platform for you will depend on your specific needs and goals. Here are some popular options: Behance: This platform is owned by Adobe and is a great option for designers to showcase their work, connect with other designers, and get feedback on their projects. Dribbble: Dribbble is a community of designers sharing their work, process, and current projects. It’s a great platform for designers to connect and collaborate with others, find inspiration, and grow their skills. Slack: Slack is a popular collaboration and communication tool that can be used to create a community for designers. You can create channels for different topics, share resources and knowledge, and connect with other designers. Discord: Discord is a chat platform that has gained popularity among the gaming community but has also been used to build design communities. It offers text, voice, and video communication and can be used to connect with other designers, share resources, and get feedback on your work. Reddit: Reddit is a popular online forum where you can create subreddits for specific design topics, share your work, and get feedback from other designers. Ultimately, the best platform for you will depend on your specific needs and the type of community you want to build. You may want to consider using multiple platforms to reach a wider audience and offer different types of content and resources.
    Chris Sarca
    10 years ago I would've said Reddit, but now it's pretty much not worth creating a subreddit. Discord might be the platform you're looking for or Guilded which is similar to Discord but in my opinion better, since you can make your channels Public, and people don't have to join the platform in order to see their content. Since you're a designer, I want to let you know that we're a few days away from launching Expressive Suite, the Basic/Free version, it includes Expressive Canvas for creating & editing vector graphics, and Expressive Animator for 2D motion graphics and vector animations. More apps are coming soon. Feel free to join the waitlist to get notified when we launch. :) https://expressivesuite.com/
    Twitter
    Farhan Tariq
    SocialBu
    SocialBu
    Launching soon!
    I think Quora, Reddit and Twitter are great for building a design community. I love Quora because there is value in every aspect over there, every thing is a question and there are answers for everything. The bond is unmatched.
    Oxana
    Nice question! We plan to use Discord, but also was thinking maybe there are some some other better options.. do you plan to create community?