• Subscribe
  • What would you do if the monthly marketing budget of your start-up is $500? How would you spend it?

Sonu Kalwar
    15 replies

Replies

Tommy De Rossi
    Are you paid just to do marketing? What you need is time and a lot of content, not money
    Sonu Kalwar
    @xmorse Yes, $500 for marketing only. Imagine, you're a local business owner of a physiotherapy clinic in your city. How would you spend it?
    Dávid Sipos
    It depends on the product and the customer's profile.
    Sonu Kalwar
    @david_sipos let's say you're a founder of a local Dentist in London. Your target audience is 35-60 years of age and your LCV is $10000. How would you spend it? :)
    Michael Flux
    Pay some kid to stand outside of your dental office and accidentally run into passer-bys with a brick and then run away. You as the business owner then run out shocked and sell your services. Easy peasy.
    Michael Flux
    As @david_sipos said, entirely depends. Hard to give any advice without knowing the nature of the product, the target demo etc. What's the context of the question @sonu_kalwar4?
    Sonu Kalwar
    @david_sipos @michaelflux let's say you're a founder of a local Salon in Houston. Your target audience is 18-35 years of age and your AOV is 200 per monthly customer. How would you spend it? This gonna be interesting now :D
    Michael Flux
    @sonu_kalwar4 Salons are easy. Is a mix of social proof (nice haircuts on social channels + influencers ranting about you), referral programs (get 5 of your girlfriends to come on get their hair done, your next cut is free) and giveaways (tag your favourite hair style and the winner gets that hairstyle) as far as driving traffic goes. Beyond that it's up to the stylists to upsell customers to more expensive options once they're in the salon. Of course won't be overnight success, but at it's core is the type of business where word of mouth is extremely powerful, so you can make it work quite well after 3-6 months of hustling your ass off.
    Sonu Kalwar
    @michaelflux Can you be my mentor?... :D By the way, great analysis. I liked the referral and influencer tactics. I'm crafting a full journey marketing funnel for this niche and your ideas will help me out. And, here's something that I crafted: "I'll be targeting working moms & dads who have kids less than 12 years of old". 1. Acquisition - Facebook ads. (detailed targeting | parents - (2-5 years old) goes up to 12) 2. Activation - Targeted landing page opt-ins 3. Referral loop - on thank you page - Invite your friends who have kids less than 12 years and get your hair cut free next time. Facebook ads budget $200 for 10 days | 35-60 leads for Houston Landing page - Canva | Free upto 5 live websites or Mailchimp Email - Mailchimp - $11 per month Your thoughts? :)
    Philip Snyder
    Delphi — Digital Clone Studio
    Delphi — Digital Clone Studio
    Need more product context.
    Sonu Kalwar
    @philipsnyder let's say you're a personal trainer of a local Gym in Brisbane. Your target audience is 20-45 years of age and your AOV is $100 per monthly customer. How would you spend it? :)
    Michael Flux
    @sonu_kalwar4 A 100% money back guarantee - attend our gym for 3 months at least once a week - if by the end of it you're not x% stronger/haven't lost x weight, we'll give your money back To the customer it looks like a win win situation - either they get healthier, or they get free training out of it, and in reality you'll never have to process any refunds since for 99% of people if they put even the bare minimum effort into going to that gym once a week for 3 months to qualify for the refund, they will have lost some weight and built some strength. + its a specific commitment for the customer to strive towards which increases the likelihood of attendance.
    Krishna Kumar
    Depends on what the objectives are if it is early days to launch, I will engage a content writer If it is nearing launch, I would spend on marketing tools, but not for 500 USD if it is at launch and looking to drive traffic or leadgen, then PPC never was a fan of Nike, so that is out
    Sonu Kalwar
    @kkumarkg awesome. Thanks for the thoughts here. Makes absolute sense to me.