• Subscribe
  • What would make you join a new online community?

François Rochat
    9 replies
    To some extent, through our home and our job, we are all part of at least one community, whether we are actively contributing to it or not. Most us though are also part of community we choose to join. Being in the process of trying to build a community, I would love to hear your stories about what would make you join a new community. Is there anything else than the simple common interest that could be appealing enough to make you want to join something new?

Replies

Rosie Sherry
    Mostly it comes down to hanging out with people I feel like I belong with. I want to feel welcomed. Like I'm a part of it all. That people can help me. That I can help them.
    Ezzat Suhaime
    Spade Chrome Extension
    Spade Chrome Extension
    Help with developing
    François Rochat
    @ezzat see that's so interesting because "help" is the first word in your answer. Thanks for your answer! I am convinced that one of the first reasons to join a community comes from a willingness to help and share more than to benefit from it which is awesome
    Saif Ullah Khalid
    Bubbl Widget
    Launching soon!
    I try to join the community where I can help people through my knowledge (as much as I can). And also I like to join the community where I can get the benefit (in terms of knowledge or hybrid working)
    François Rochat
    @saif_ullah_khalid thanks! I fully agree that knowledge is really what needs to be shared and focused on. A community is a pool of people with different levels of knowledge on one specific topic sharing their point of view but it's interesting to see that for you "help" was before "benefit" as I think the desire to help is what drives the decision to join something new :)
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    I would love to join a community to learn something new, connect with industry experts, or share my expertise to help others.
    François Rochat
    @qudsia_ali thanks! I like that "connect" is part of your answer it's indeed a great way to get in touch with people sharing the same interest!
    Susan Harris Scott
    I would love to join a community to learn something useful for my private or professional life from nice people (I dislike rudeness).