• Subscribe
  • What was your job before building your own side project?

Nithin Jawahar
    4 replies
    I was working as a digital marketer in a company. I met my co-founder there and we shipped a couple of products in the spare time after work, before we finally decided to quit our job and focus on our startup full time. What's your story?

Replies

Adithya Shreshti
    "Side Project" is something that happens on the side while still being in a full-time job so it happens parallely without forgoing your main job. To answer the question, here is my story. I have been an Startup founder before getting back to corporate life as an enterprise consultant for one of the top Fortune 50 couple of years ago. Weekends are my time to get in loop with the tech and changes that I missed during the week and it is also the time I list or work on building the ones listed - these are the "side-projects" that I either launch or the ones still WIP. And before my full-time job, I was active as a launch consultant to many creators/founders on or off Product Hunt but it is less frequent now. As one of the top Product Hunters (when discovery was real and genuine without the engineered launches that mostly happen these days) and with 100s of interactions has added to my belief on how building products actively is a way to validate ourselves and to the world on what you are capable of - a few of them might earn some $$$ in your bank account, and a few might earn you some experience. I still continue building side-projects because that's what gives us a break from the monotony :)
    Nithin Jawahar
    Hi Adithya. Really excited to meet someone who was one of the early hunters on product hunt. Could you share what used to be your role as a launch consultant? Just curious to know how you worked together with the makers.
    Greg ⚡️ Join The ChatGPT Post newsletter
    Purchaser, but it was a long time back (and I launched my first side project like 9 years before)
    Nithin Jawahar
    Really inspiring to hear that Greg!