• Subscribe
  • What's your favourite entrepreneurship/tech movie or series?

Florian Myter
    17 replies
    Kind of an obvious one for me, but HBO's Silicon Valley is one of the few TV series I've seen back-to-back multiple times. What's your favourite ?

Replies

Marvin Mändle
    I prefer documentaries, but I really liked the story behind Spotify in "Playlist". Narcos is also great, but that's another kind of entrepreneurship... :D
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @marvin_maendle @florian_myter Imagine using facebook ads for that
    Florian Myter
    @marvin_maendle Haha, well I guess "that kind" of marketing comes with its own sets of challenges ? I can imagine marketing isn't the easiest thing to get started 😬
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @marvin_maendle haha another kind of entrepreneurship. Those guys would indeed be amazing entrepreneurs even if they did everything legal
    Florian Myter
    @marvin_maendle @maurizioisendoorn Good point about them having potential to be great "regular" entrepeneurs. I (almost) got scammed over the phone last year. Hands down, the scammer was the best salesman I've ever encountered ... such a shame
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    I liked these a lot: - The Steve Jobs movie - Wolf of Wall street - Lamborghini - The Pursuit of Happiness - The Big Short - Moneyball - The Founder (about McDonalds) - The Social Network (about Facebook)
    Emmanuel Raymond
    Silicon Valley series
    Edena
    PixelFree Studio
    PixelFree Studio
    In terms of TV shows, I really liked the USS Callister episode in Black Mirror that somewhat explores such themes. The Social Network (2010) and Steve Jobs (2015) were also great movies.
    Florian Myter
    @edena Black Mirror is definitely an underrated series in general!
    Alexander Alkor
    So good question! I'm wondering about such movies and series, too.
    Alexander Alkor
    @florian_myter yeah, entrepreneurship is often a kind of adventure. and it's often similar to creative paths of musicians and other artists. movies like The Doors I'd suggest to watch, too.
    Florian Myter
    @al_arthen_factory Perfect blend of entertainment, inspiration and lessons learned (for some)
    Ashley from Shadow
    Did anyone watch startup? I was recently recommended the series and it seems like a good fit for the PH community!
    Gurkaran Singh
    "Silicon Valley is definitely a classic choice for tech enthusiasts! It's like the 'comfort code' we can always rely on for a good laugh and some startup drama. What's not to love about a show where lines of code are delivered with perfect comedic timing?"