• Subscribe
  • What is your management style?

Indu Thangamuthu
    24 replies

Replies

Ronald Young
    Same here, I want to know what others think about aggressive management styles. In my experience, an overly aggressive approach can backfire and hurt team morale and productivity in the long run. Effective leadership requires balance - being assertive and decisive when needed, but also empowering and supporting your team. Curious to hear different perspectives though.
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @ronaldmmm Same thoughts here, Ronald. The aggressive style only backfired on us when we tried it with our new recruits. Sticking to one management style is not good for a company's growth and also there's a high risk, people just want to leave. Curious on how everyone does it.
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @ag94 It supports in terms of quick decision-making and pushes for high performance. Would suggest for new teams in startups... But when it comes to employee perspective, how do they see it?
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @ag94 😄 And how do they feel it?
    Benson Xu
    centralized
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @anbangx Best indeed...supports clarity and consistency. But how do you handle innovation here? Does it slow down the decision making or issues discussions?
    Karina Adzra
    Collaborative
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @k_adzra Collaborative is good while everyone's at the same zone... in all aspects. But when it comes to taking an immediate decision and acting upon it, how does it come out? How do you ensure accountability here?
    Whitney M
    Polite and centralized
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @whitney_m12 Best indeed...having best employees and handling responsibilities to them gets most of the things taken care of.
    Charlotte Elise Sinclair
    Strong arming people into submission. Jk. I find inspirational leadership works way better - paint a compelling vision, lead by example, empower and uplift the team, recognize great work, foster psych safety and openness to ideas/feedback. Basically be a servant leader not a dictator.
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @charlotteelisesinclair Great! So how do you usually balance maintaining high standards while giving your team the freedom to contribute creatively?
    Leland Kuphal
    i m hands off manger i trust my term to their work nd only step in when they need support
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @leland_kuphal Same same...only, I do that with seniors. I leave the juniors in seniors' hands until they grasp the work model
    Shania Jennings
    my style is more directive i set clear expectation nd guidelines but make sure to provide feedback regularly
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @shania_jennings We try the same for senior team. But when it comes to the juniors, we try a different style.
    Bartosz Strickland
    i prefer collaborative style i like to involve my term in decision making nd value open communication
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @bartosz_strickland Do you involve the team in all decision-makings or only when it comes to projects?
    Kenneth Ray
    I focus on empowerment. I love mentoring team members and helping them grow in their roles, which ultimately benefits the whole project.
    Martin Peters
    My approach is pretty adaptive.
    Indu Thangamuthu
    @martin_peters That's modern and indeed effective approach to see consistent results. How does the employees feel it?