• Subscribe
  • What is the solution of endless scrolling? Any thoughts?

Narendra Tiwari
    29 replies

Replies

Jake Harrison
     Free Essay Checker AI
    Free Essay Checker AI
    In my point of view, endless scrolling can be a valuable feature for enhancing user experience and engagement
    Narendra Tiwari
    @jakeharr Yeah! but when the content is limited, then it will repeat the same content, which leads to the user being disappointed.
    Prem Saini
    Defining halt points.
    Narendra Tiwari
    @prem_saini1 yeah this can be an option. Thanks for the suggestions, also looking forward to your new product launching.
    andi wir
    Use a load more button. This gives users more control over how much content they load, and it also allows them to access the footer of the page.
    Narendra Tiwari
    @andi_wir that's more doable and gives more power to the users, it also gives them control over what and up to when they want to see.
    Kyle Henz
    Add page indicators. This helps users keep track of where they are in the infinite scroll, and it makes it easier for them to return to specific content.
    Narendra Tiwari
    @kyle_henz Page indicators will be good, also the load more button will be good along with the page numbers.
    Stephen Maden
    Use intelligent loading. This means only loading new content when the user is actually close to the bottom of the page. This can improve performance and avoid overwhelming the user with too much content.
    Narendra Tiwari
    @stephen_maden Great idea! We'll implement intelligent loading to load new content as the user nears the bottom of the page. This should enhance performance and provide a more user-friendly experience. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Yavuz Tunc Emran
    Tamly: Automate B2B Sales Outreach
    Tamly: Automate B2B Sales Outreach
    introduce user-defined content limits and clear endpoint cues to improve user control and experience.
    Narendra Tiwari
    @tunc_emran user define limits will be very useful. This will give more control to the users. But do you think, it may create complexity among the users.
    William Willey
    Use pagination. This is a more traditional approach to browsing content, but it can be more effective for long lists of content.
    Narendra Tiwari
    @william_willey yeah that’s true, pagination along with the load more button will be good approach i think to deal with this, what do you think ?
    Nathan Marquez
    adaptive feeds -> adapt new fetch feed calls with signals from previous scrolling. a lot of current feeds are greedy, putting the best content first, which means after users reach a certain threshold within the feed, everything after is usually really bad. if we can adapt feeds as users scroll, we can attempt to approach the "intent" of the user the faster we scroll down the feed
    Narendra Tiwari
    @nathan_marquez the adaptive feeds concept new to me, but this can be a innovative solution as well. Thanks for the valuable suggestions.
    Woods Shop
    Uninstall the app!
    André J
    for what? websites or mobile. I have a infinite scroll lib for iOS on GitHub if needed
    Narendra Tiwari
    @sentry_co I am looking for a solution for endless scrolling. Users may lose interest over time, and providing more high-quality content upfront can help avoid wasting their time scrolling.
    André J
    @narendra_tiwari Yes, but for what platform? in what language etc? It's called pagination. Here you can see how I made pagination a while back: https://github.com/eonist/Pagina...
    Dima Tryhubenko
    Tingl Anti-Messenger
    Tingl Anti-Messenger
    Awareness and being present whilst scrolling helps with reducing it Hindsight-wise, tracking how you spend your time and having a separate category for activities like scrolling ( pomodoro titled “🗑️” in my case) is also a decent way to monitor how much time you spend scrolling, which enables you to set goals around that and seeing how the stats change over time