• Subscribe
  • What is the 'Must-Have' tech stack for bootstrapping your startup in 2023?

Vlad Zivkovic
    48 replies
    Hey Product Hunters! I am the founder of https://wewaat.com and I've been navigating the challenging journey of bootstrapping. The journey has been a roller coaster, and the choices of tools and technologies have been critical in shaping our startup's trajectory. What about you? If you were to build a startup from scratch in 2023, what would your 'Must-Have' tech stack be?

Replies

I don’t think that tech stack is a crucial point. You may do an MVP with a super simple no-code solution and if you get 1m customers then who cares what technologies did you use. It’s always about the customers and their experience first.
    Vlad Zivkovic
    @serhii_uspenskyi No-code would still be a tech stack, but I agree it, whatever it takes to make customers experience good.
    André J
    @serhii_uspenskyi I agree. In the vein of how @levelsio operates. Just use what you know. You can always pimp the stack later if you need
    Frank Sondors
    I must say you have a great website, so kudos to you on that! I think the must-have is defined by the goals you want to achieve, so would be a bit pointless to talk about must-haves unless you know what you're building.
    Ajinkya Bhat | Notion X Startups
    StartOS: Plug-and-Play Startup System
    What I use for my Startup: Notion- Team organization, CRM, Finances. Team Knowledge Management Slack- Comms Bardeen.ai- automations, web scraping Canva/ Figma- Graphics/ Promotional Content NotionAI/ChatGPT- Writing copy outlines NotionAI/ Co-pilot: Coding (I run a deep tech startup!) That's mostly it! Considering Superhuman for emails- although I have not used it yet.
    Aida Zu
    @ajinkya_bhat Same here + Miro. MY All-in ultimate helper
    André J
    @ajinkya_bhat why are you considering superhuman ? Because your email is a mess? why not hey.com? I still use gmail btw. I dont get that much emails yet 😅 I think that is about to change tho.
    Ajinkya Bhat | Notion X Startups
    StartOS: Plug-and-Play Startup System
    @sentry_co Thanks for the recommendation Andre! Will check it out :) Yeah it was mostly cos I get a lot of emails through three accounts- my school account, my startup email and my personal email (side hustle) and I really need to bring them together!
    André J
    @ajinkya_bhat If you start using superhuman. let me know how it goes. pros and cons etc. I wish they had a way try it.
    Shaur ul Asar
    IMO# by leveraging scalable infrastructure, versatile programming languages, efficient frameworks, and reliable tools, startups can set themselves up for success.
    Raisa Shafiyyullah
    Hi Vladimir, the website look slick! cool website! I have a tech background, so I prefer building websites from scratch. However, recently I've been using no-code/low-code tools for some clients, like Bubble, Webflow, and Canva. By the way, you can even build a website with Canva (haha). I would say, find the technology that can get your business/startup up and running quickly so you can test your product and iterate. My list: - Google Docs, Forms, drive & sheets - Stripe or other easy payment links - Poe.com (chatgpt) for doing copy work etc - Landing page: CSS/html, but WordPress can work too - Google Analytics
    Vlad Zivkovic
    @raisans I think every major platform now have the website builder :) Also I would add to your list Microsoft Clarity for heatmaps, awesome free tool.
    Raisa Shafiyyullah
    @vladimir_zivkovic Ahh, I used to have heatmaps but it was expensive. I will check Microsoft Clarity. Thanks, Vladimir!
    Vlad Zivkovic
    @raisans I use to have the same but than Microsoft acquired Clarity and offered it for free... You can integrate Google Analytics and many other tools, they have really nice dashboard with live recordings and stuff.
    Dávid Sipos
    I would say for Launch on PH to joining our group is a Must Have: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/...
    Sia
    Either Node/Express + Astro or Python + Astro. I feel that Python + Astro gives me the highest productivity. I used to default to Node for the backend, pure Express JS or something like NestJS, but ultimately, I feel that Python has much better support for data wrangling and since most of my products are data-intensive, I moved over to Python. Equally, I kept doing NextJS for many years but honestly, I find React and Next are too clunky while frameworks like Svelte, despite initial promise, went the wrong route and ballooned. Hence I prefer Astro and if I need more reusability for my components I'd use something like Lit.
    Vlad Zivkovic
    @siavoshzarrasvand I don't think there is a better way than Python for data, and Astro is really good.
    Arthur Liebhardt
    In general, I would recommend using the tools that you are most knowledgeable and efficient with. For example, I have been working with Node.js and React for several years, and if I were to start a new project from scratch, my go-to stack would be Next.js (frontend and microservices) together with Supabase for authentication and database management.
    Alexey Anshakov
    Today, the no-coding trend is reigning supreme. So, everything related to it is in the spotlight. Although, my preferred stack is JS + Airtable + Make.com, which allows for quickly building prototypes and testing ideas.
    André J
    @aanshakov Why not use notion database instead of airtable? Im no expert. just curious about what you think.
    Thaha
    Webpage Sherlock
    Webpage Sherlock
    I think tech stack to start with is good old HTML+CSS+JS and you can expand as you go and as your needs increase.
    Rehan Saleem
    I think Tools like HubSpot or Salesforce can help you effectively manage customer relationships, sales, and marketing efforts.
    Vlad Zivkovic
    @rehan_saleem1 Yes, they are important part of startups, we can build amazing products and services but if we can not sell than its all BS...
    Izzah Javed
    Your website is truly impressive, and I wanted to commend you on creating such an outstanding online presence. In terms of determining the must-haves for your website, it is crucial to align them with the specific goals you wish to accomplish. Without a clear understanding of your objectives, discussing must-haves becomes somewhat meaningless. Therefore, it's essential to have a well-defined vision for what you want to build before identifying the essential elements necessary to achieve those goals.
    Vlad Zivkovic
    @izzah_javed Thank you! And I agree with you, every tool depends on the specific goals of the startup.
    Neal Woolery
    The primary focus is consistently on the customers and prioritizing their experience above all else.
    Bedford West
    I'd say whatever tech stack the founding team is most comfortable with and whatever vendors give you the most free credits (: . Experimenting at low cost is the most important thing for bootstrapping!
    Leo J Barnett
    - Google Sheets - Slack - Whatsapp - Firebase - Sketch Figma Canva! - TikTok
    Stephen Walker
    When bootstrapping, simplicity is key. For the front-end, ReactJS remains a powerful choice. Back-end, I'd suggest Node.js with Express.js. PostgreSQL or MongoDB for database, depending on SQL or NoSQL preference. Don't overlook a good CI/CD setup, consider Jenkins or GitHub Actions. For hosting, AWS or Heroku are solid, and Docker for containerization. For project management, Trello or Jira. And Slack for team communication. Ultimately, choose tools that your team is comfortable with!
    Loknath saha
    A great website for describing your ideas.
    Mangat 331 channel
    This application is specifically designed to promote your Instagram account by offering a simple solution to increase your followers and likes from top follow apk Old version. With just a few clicks, you can effectively utilize our strategic hashtags on your photos to attract more engagement and expand your follower base
    Mangat 331 channel
    "Moving between states requires specialized interstate movers and packers . They have the experience and DOT certifications for long-haul relocations. Look for licensed, bonded companies with trained staff and proper insurance coverage. Compare multiple estimates and check reviews to find reputable interstate movers known for safe, efficient moves. The right professionals will pack, load, transport, and unload your long-distance belongings with care. With an organized interstate mover managing the process, you can focus on your out-of-state move and new destination."
    Jeffrey Anderson
    Building a startup in 2023, my 'Must-Have' tech stack would include cloud infrastructure (AWS or Azure), React for front-end, Node.js for back-end, Docker/Kubernetes for containerization, and MongoDB for flexibility. Prioritizing scalability, security, and rapid development would be key. Good luck with your journey!