• Subscribe
  • What is the key to reach 1000+ upvotes?

Dávid Sipos
    21 replies
    Give me ideas on reaching 1000+ upvotes on my next launch.

Replies

Dávid Sipos
    One of the key tips I know is to build a community around your project before launch.
    Nuno Reis
    @david_sipos do you have any tips for community building? Do you mean building it in PH or just outside?
    @david_sipos I'm also interested in this. Can you share some tips for community building? Thank you :)
    Dávid Sipos
    @nuno_ms_reis I think both. Here you have to be active, start interesting discussions. And not only you, your team too. You can gain followers, and when you send a cold message them, they will remember your face. Outside of PH you can start cold messages and tell people when will you launch. Show them your project.
    Nuno Reis
    @david_sipos Ok so more than starting a community from scratch it's about building the connections and network that might be interested in what you are doing in the future right? Do you think building an actual external community around your product would benefit you, or just on the long term? And thank you so much for the answer :D
    Arda Diker
    Hello David, as you mentioned having a community is the number one factor. Some people also reached me via twitter and LinkedIn messages to kindly remind me of their launch too. I think it helps. Because even though there are many products people really like, people may forget. So reminding and outreach helps too
    Shubham Pratap Singh
    @ardadiker @david_sipos it will be helpful for me as well.
    Nuno Reis
    @ardadiker These were products you were already following somehow or was it cold messaging you? Thanks for sharing :)
    Arda Diker
    @nuno_ms_reis, hello, people do cold messaging. But even though you have a committed community, you need to remind them.
    Nuno Reis
    @ardadiker Amazing timing, because I just got one of such reminders today :D that's proof of value already
    Oxana
    Good question! Have the same one 😊 And also think that community plays a key role here. By the way, where do you build a community for your product?
    Dávid Sipos
    @oxana_ivanova I started to build a LinkedIn PH community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/...
    Oxana
    @david_sipos I've already there 👍 thanks for creating it! as for the Ship page - yeah. But I've created an Upcoming page, it seems to have pretty much the same functionality (see on my example https://www.producthunt.com/prod...). Hope that helps!
    Magic Mike Paine
    This is a great question, I’m guessing that there is no “secret sauce” but with most communities you build its based on the value you provide. What’s the benefit to a person that would join. When you think along those lines, you’re one step closer.
    Jagrati Gupta
    Reach out to genuine PH users, instead of relying on new users or paid bots. PH users will curiously check out your product and a lot of them will comment on your landing page too
    John Koo
    interesting topic here. i'll look forward to reading more replies and insights. thanks!
    Max Holub
    building a community is the path to success is every business, especially when you're just starting
    Karl Gustav Annus
    Interesting topic. Definitely keeping my eye on this discussion for helpful tips and experiences.