• Subscribe
  • What is a mistake you've made but learned the biggest lesson from?

Vanessa Franz
    5 replies
    I'll go first. I hired the wrong dev team in 2022. I. spent an entire year trying to build a product with a team that wasn't capable but was lead to believe they just needed more time and money :/ Lesson learned: Take your time to hire the RIGHT team and do your research before hiring.

Replies

Not creating an inbound lead system
    Wayne Parker
    I once fell for the 'build it and they will come' trap. Ended up wasting months on features nobody wanted. It taught me the importance of lean development and user feedback. Iterate fast, validate even faster.
    Ashley Barrett
    @wayneparkour so important and way too often so missed! Many try to skip the hard parts and want to go straight to building their idea or solution failing to realize you need to solve an urgent problem for customers! People would literally rather spend thousands of dollars than risk someone telling them their idea sucks. I invest in founders that are obsessed with their problem x customer, I’ve seen too many obsessed with their initial idea which ultimately leads to failure.
    Fabio Viola
    A great lesson I had is similar to yours, in 2022, trying to put together the right team for a web3 project! And then, more generally, I learned the importance of self-reflection. Why did I do that? Why am I procrastinating? Once I started analyzing my behaviors, change for the better became possible!
    Boris Barath
    Stripe
    Stripe
    Top Product
    Pretty much the same as @wayneparkour mentioned earlier. We built way more than an MVP but are having trouble finding people to try it (for free) and give us feedback. I'll definitely spend more time talking to people than building on the next one.