• Subscribe
  • What does a 'successful Product Hunt launch' mean to you?

Vlad Zivkovic
    25 replies
    Hey Product Hunt legends, we are all launching or launched on PH, but what do you consider a successful launch? Product of the day? High number of upvotes? Hight traffic on your product page? Making sales?

Replies

A successful Product Hunt launch to me means gaining valuable feedback from the community, generating interest, and connecting with potential customers!
    Richa Sharma
    Upscale: The Sales Engagement Platform
    Doesn't this depend on why you're launching on Product Hunt itself? If your goal is to get high traffic and generate leads, ranking is one factor, but you also need to reach out to the right people. Alternatively, if you're new in the market and looking for maximum traction, then being among the top 10 products of the day is an effective approach. One last tip: I've observed the most engaged in this community often have "successful Product Hunt launches" irrespective of their goals.
    Vlad Zivkovic
    @richa_sharma07 People set different goals, getting first 3 places doesn't mean success if you are getting the wrong public. The more you engage here, bigger are the chances you will have successful launch, I agree with that.
    Richa Sharma
    @vladimir_zivkovic yes, so it totally depends on the goal. The ranking is a vanity metric that helps attract new people for sure. But the relevant ones? You’ll have to find them and reach them.
    Richa Sharma
    @vladimir_zivkovic Totally agree. What would you suggest one does post-Product Hunt launch?
    niumo
    GhostCut
    GhostCut
    Each company has different stages and product maturity. For my products, I think the high number of upvotes is important. Our product-GhostCut has already served tens of thousands of users, and the MVP stage is behind us. Therefore, I measure the success of my product based on a higher number of upvotes. This is because a high number of upvotes leads to high traffic on your product page which in turn results in more sales.
    Vlad Zivkovic
    @niumo Yes, for you the number of website traffic works well because you are already out of weeds with MVP, and you already have established userbase.
    Walton Brooks
    Product Launching mean you can get feedback about your product's pros and cons.
    Nuno Reis
    I'd say in general, high conversion to the metric your looking to change. It may be just visibility, free trials, subscriptions, etc. but overall any good launch is made with some specific metrics in mind (usually with the Awareness or Acquisition stages in mind)
    Adams Parker
    Making sales for sure.
    Neha
    YourGPT
    YourGPT
    Launching soon!
    for me Making Sales or Conversions For monetized products, making sales or conversions is a clear indicator of a successful launch, as it demonstrates that people not only find value in your product but are also willing to pay for it.
    Faith Foster
    A successful Product Hunt launch entails attention, engagement, and positive feedback, attracting users, and validating value proposition for growth.
    Hazel Lim
    Narrated Tours (On Demand Audio Guides)
    Narrated Tours (On Demand Audio Guides)
    Great question - We launched today (Yay! Please support) and the PH badge would mean: - Social proof - Opens doors to B2B conversations with potential travel partners - Helps shape the MVP Not aiming for $, which is why we have a deep discount of $1 per tour (I couldn't get my payment provider to make it any lower!), so sales is a bonus.
    Tobias
    Users that converts, I would say.
    André J
    Google analytics crashing
    Being able to gather some vocal early adopters as well as attention from the right people is what would make my product hunt launch successful. We are launching our closed alpha by the end of this month and I am still learning how we get that milestone/target met