• Subscribe
  • What do you do when you hit a writers block? Or feel demotivated when you are near the deadline.

Abid Unnisa
    6 replies

Replies

Ayaz Qureshi
    I'm not a writer but belongs to other same creative field of design. Might be my experience of other similar industry will help you. Just take a break, when you feel OK now its time to hit back to the work. As far as demotivated is concerned, i think its not related to block but the culture you are working on. If the deadline is set in unrealistic way before then you can't do much other then struggle so solution to this problem is not let it happen.
    Abid Unnisa
    @ayaz_qureshi1 Oh no no, the deadlines are pretty realistic and set by me. But there is some lag that I need to work on.
    Ayaz Qureshi
    @abid_unnisa Practically speaking, deadlines are never realistic. We humans are worst in estimating something.
    Darwin Binesh
    I publish on The Level Ups every day. Hard to comment without knowing the work itself. But a few things: The pressure of deadlines is a product of the work and the quality bar. If you're often publishing, you can get ahead of this by shortening the workload. 800 great words are better than 1600 and take half the time to write. One technique is to choose a picture from your phone's gallery and take ten minutes to write the story behind that picture. It can get the creative juices flowing. Deadlines have to be realistic in the first place. Otherwise, yes, they can be very demotivating. Stepping away from the keyboard is huge. If it causes anxiety, even 5 minutes can help. Going to your highlight reel can help too. Looking at work you've written before that you loved can return your mind to the state it was in when it wrote that great content. Let me know if this helps! Good luck!!