• Subscribe
  • What are your pain points with email?

Sumit Datta
    4 replies
    Hey everyone, Sumit here. I would love to know about your email (also calendar) workflows and related issues. I have multiple email accounts (2 personal, 1 consulting/business and 1 for my hostel/co-loving space). These have been all pinned tabs in Firefox for a while now. I want to tackle the following to make things better: - Label emails, calendars items, attachments automatically - Quick access to today’s priorities in one view - Ideally, everything should be searchable/viewable directly in my browser (new tab + search what I need now) - Show items that are important now even if the email is old (tomorrow’s flight that was booked a month back) Would love to know if you have particular workflows around email, even if you don’t use multiple inboxes. I am working on this in my AI assistant desktop app, starting with own issues and want to know what others can share. Thanks!

Replies

Cedric Jude Hawthorne
    I feel your pain! My main issues are: 1. Too many separate inboxes to check - personal, work, side projects, etc. Hard to get a unified view. 2. Important emails getting buried and forgotten. Need a way to surface critical items even if the original email is old. 3. Searching for specific emails or attachments is a chore, especially across multiple accounts. An AI assistant that could unify inboxes, auto-categorize and tag items, and intelligently surface high priority items sounds amazing! Keep me posted on your progress, I'd love to try it out. In the meantime, keen to hear others' email workflow tips and hacks.
    Sumit Datta
    @cedricjudehawthorne thanks for sharing! Have you tried any of the multi-account email clients? I had tried Superhuman app for a bit but that was when I was working full-time so the pricing made sense then. Attachments are really a pain to be honest.
    Thomas Jackson
    I feel your pain! A few things that help me: 1) SaneBox for auto-filtering emails into folders like News, Bulk, Later, etc. Keeps my inbox lean. 2) Mailbutler for scheduling emails, tracking, signatures, templates. 3) Zapier zaps to create tasks, save attachments, etc. 4) Notion as a hub to tie it all together - emails, notes, tasks, calendar. Would love to hear what ends up working for you in your AI assistant! Sounds like a great project.
    Tedel
    I only have one: HTML e-mails. Some people just add too much graphics to their (news)letters. I prefer simple e-mails: just simple text, reasonably short, clear, with complete information. When you have many e-mail addresses, you just need an e-mail client. I suggest Thunderbird.