• Subscribe
  • What are your best practices to have sponsored newsletter? Just asking (for a friend)

πŸ” My mini-research on the newsletter's topic continues. In one week I got my first 2 sponsors. πŸ₯³ I attribute it to my Twitter, where they mainly came from. Originally I wanted to find one for my YouTube channel, but apparently, I'm better at writing than hosting interviews. 🀣 I want to make a better newsletter and it would be great if you could share your findings. The first question: Do you have a sponsored newsletter? The second: What are your best practices to get and retain your newsletter sponsors? Feel free to share YOUR experiences (keep those ChatGPT answers for yourself.) πŸ˜€ ----- + Who wants to be a pioneering sponsor among the first and with a certain benefit, you can still claim your spot in my newsletter.

Replies

My3 Murthy
    Followed you on twitter! I haven't written a sponsored newsletter but I Sam Parr & Shaan Puri of My First Million both has newsletter companies that they sold very successfully. Sam Parr sold his newsletter company trends/hustle to hubspot. Here is a video where he talks about it:
    Currently doing some research on pontential newsletters we can market with & your fits right in. I might reach out to you on twitter once I have my ducks in a row. Meanwhile- you got a newsletter subscriber! :)
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @my3_murthy So you will like my cringe Twitter too :D
    @my3_murthy Thank you so much for the recommended video – I will be listening to it. + also thankful for subscribing. Is there any topic you would like to cover? :)
    My3 Murthy
    @busmark_w_nika You cover all the topics I am interested in- Build in public, marketing, GTM, sales
    LOL, I forgot. If you want to be a subscriber of my newsletter, you need to fill out a painful form (I do need to know more about you to serve the things you are likely to love): https://forms.gle/UZVhgK1YUFsBbsQ88
    Suchal Bojamma
    Also, @busmark_w_nika we are live :) Please do support & leave us your honest feedback :)
    @suchalbojamma Thank you :) I already did! :)
    AndrΓ© J
    @busmark_w_nika Signed up βœ…
    @sentry_co you are on the list. πŸ™‚ πŸ€œπŸ€›
    Jakob Engelhardt
    Maybe a bit more clarity about your KPIs, how many people do you reach, who's your target audience, what are you writing about etc. Why don't you use: https://www.beehiiv.com/
    @jakob_engelhardt1 I considered ConvertKit and Beehiiv as well. Currently have a ConvertKit account but many people use Beehiiv. Do you have a personal experience and main benefits? Regarding metrics: We are smaller but kind and engaging (people message me back to my newsletter inbox) πŸ˜… Over 100 subscribers Open rate: 37% Clicks per unique opens: 9% Click rate: 3.3% Topics I cover: Buildinpublic, Business / Entrepreneurship, Marketing (online/offline, social media, community building,...), SaaS, Startups, Tech or VCs. Do you want to send an example of one of my sent newsletters?
    Jakob Engelhardt
    @busmark_w_nika my suggestion would be to wait with the monetization. I wouldn’t pay for 100 people reach (sorry for being honest but its just not worth it). Increase your reach first, deliver something of high value (your first traction is great) make sure people talk about you and then later down the line worry about monetization strategy. Just my opinion!
    @jakob_engelhardt1 It's okay, your POV is valid. I do know that I am small in numbers and need to grow instantly (until now, I only grew on social media but realised that I really do not own "my profile" so I started gathering email addresses of people who are relevant to me/interests/topics. Will be growing over time + adding value. Growth needs to be achieved when I want to monetize it. Appreciate the feedback. (in the AI era when every bot praises your posts, it is gold! :D ) Thanks once again for being honest with me. :)
    Sarah Mooney
    Big congrats on your 2 sponsors, that is so exciting!
    @sophiewyne Thank you Sophie. I was really surprised :D
    Gurkaran Singh
    I don't have a sponsored newsletter yet, but in my experience with tech blogs, engaging content and a clear value proposition for sponsors are key. How about we share more insights and crack the code together?