• Subscribe
  • What are some good team-building events for a globally distributed team?

Aleksei Zakharov
    10 replies
    Our small team at Ottr Finance has always been global from the start, with people on 3 continents. What are some things you've found to be good for building team cohesion in distributed workforce? One thing we've done is find online games and have everyone join to play. Love to hear other ideas.

Replies

Harley Young
    You could try a virtual cooking or mixology class where you hire a professional to teach the group how to cook something, or how to make cocktails (alcohol and non-alcohol). To pull it off, you can either send people a shopping list the week before the event (easier, probably cheaper), or ship/deliver the ingredients to their homes ahead of time (harder, probably more expensive).
    Jannis Schakarian 🇪🇺
    Play an old school style "Text Adventure" together. One of you is the parser and the others have tot take turns to solve the riddles and advance the game. There is hastigabentuer.com in german and the Parsely Adventures from memento-mori.com in english, that have some great adventures to play.
    Harley Young
    You could run a geocaching adventure, where people go find a cache in their own cities, and come back and tell each other about it, and you could leave something about your team/company in the geocache.
    Michael Silber
    We've done some fun virtual escape rooms with TryReason as a team. Horsepaste (https://www.horsepaste.com/) is fun and free Codenames clone that is also great to play on Zoom.
    Gabriella Anjani
    ApyHub : The All in one API Platform
    ApyHub : The All in one API Platform
    Interesting question! I am also looking for good team-building activities for our remote team 😊 Did you manage to find good games/activities? Would love to hear some ideas too 💡
    Natalie Turner
    Too many team-building activities can get exhaustive and loose their charm. So watchout to not overdo it. Slow and steady activities work the best. Find 'natural' excuses to engage the team together like birthdays, weddings, babies, work anniversary etc. These natural occasions can work better as catalyst than synthetic occasions (Friday Happy Hour, Social Night, Game Night, etc) Bringing team together for such events leads to more social conversations rather than just shop talk. Not many people like to spend time with coworkers. But if you are lucky to be in an environment where they do, such small gestures will be greatly appreciated. We use a product that launched here on PH called GreetPool https://www.greetpool.com to create greeting cards together with remote teammates and people seem to like it. We also do Teams meetings for such social events, but a card is non-intrusive, quick and serves as a digital memento for the recipient.
    Software Guy (Aarvy)
    @natalie_turner1 Hi Natalie, your product seems interesting. I'd like to know more about it to write a detailed review on my blog. I mainly review SaaS product, Please connect with me at- thesoftwareguy1994 at gmail.com I would love to hear from you.😊
    Purple Ocean
    I noticed that many guys advised you a corporate event, as for me it is a brilliant idea. Just don't forget to book tickets beforehand, it is really difficult to get many tickets at once. I am using Ticketmaster when I need to get the best deal, here https://ticketmaster.pissedconsu... you will find more info about this service.