• Subscribe
  • Unpopular opinion :)

Jasper Ruijs
    5 replies
    I can't wait when the AI hype cycle is over. I use AI daily as a growth engineer, but so many start-ups I see here and on LinkedIn are doomed to fail. Because on average: - Most founders need to pay more attention to the growth hacking/marketing needed to stay alive for ten years. - VCs and Angels are in the business of making a profit by selling shares; they are not focused on trying to solve the founder's problem. - Many of these so-called AI tools are just javascript automation frameworks that rebranded. Or they are training the OpenAI models on their user data but not innovating anything. This boom-bust cycle will end in about seven to ten years when the next invention gets mainstream.

Replies

Iā€™m in the same place!
    Richard Gao
    It was the same with the crypto hype cycle The only difference is that AI actually has a use case lol And def agree with you on marketing. The "build it and they will come" mentality is toxic. Luckily, I have 2 co-founders who work on technical while I go full steam on marketing for evoke-app.com
    Jasper Ruijs
    Growth Hackers Guide To Producthunt
    Growth Hackers Guide To Producthunt
    @richard_gao2 How is it going? How far are you with the 1000 Monthly Users?
    Kevin Sem
    We are in VC bubble