• Subscribe
  • Trying to start building in public on X/Twitter, but it's not going as I expected

Gabriele Mazzola 🧭
    28 replies
    I went into this with a completely different expectation: everyone who I followed and who was building in public had so much engagement that I thought it'd be easier. To be honest, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I'm trying to keep going and posting regularly, often trying to provide value for the readers, but then I see posts with zero value at all getting thousands of views and likes. If you have suggestions, or would like to follow my build in public journey, this is me: https://x.com/gab_creates I'm all ears!

Replies

André J
    Its not about value, its about distribution ;)
    André J
    @gabriele_mazzola I don't think your doing anything wrong. It's just what people say works. Worked in the past. On the internet it's always day zero. What works today and tomorrow isn't what worked in the past. Keep trying, and you'll figure it out, just know what ever works, has a half life, so it won't lat, hopefully you build some sort of Lindy effect while your at it.
    André J
    @gabriele_mazzola You have to have distribution to be heard. And that's an artform in it self that takes a lot of effort / skill to do. It's easier to build it over time. But it can be built in a short time frame too. But that's far more expensive on resources. No quick fix for this one I Am afraid.
    @sentry_co Sure, I understand! But don't get me wrong, I'm not searching for a quick fix. I'm actually trying to understand what I'm doing wrong so that I can improve and obtain better results, I'm totally up for the long time game
    Dani Schenker🇨🇭
    The ones I follow post countless actionable learnings. Most posts look like some kind of tutorial or useful tip. I scrolled through your X account for a while and my impression was the following: - Many posts feel like ads. - Some posts are just boring. - The most important posts don't have interesting conclusions. - The most intriguing posts are off-topic. Let me know if you need details on my criticism.
    @danischenker Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely try to get better then. Could I ask a few examples of these interesting profiles you follow? So I can have a look at the type of content they produce!
    Indiana Joshi
    Consistency is Key: Regularly share updates, thoughts, challenges, and successes. Consistency helps in building momentum and engaging your audience.
    Angela Turner
    Authenticity Matters: Be genuine and share both the highs and lows. People appreciate authenticity and relate more to real stories of progress.
    Cameron Scully
    I love traveling and enjoy going to tourist attractions and learning about the history of what i find.. however i dont like being in those tourist guide groups, so i have to manually research about it when im there.. would it be possible to take a picture of some thing and it gives you interesting facts/history about some thing i find? Also why dont you post content that directly links to people who would be interested in your travel app such as this https://x.com/culturaltutor?t=-x...
    @cameronscully_ Hey thanks for answering! That's actually a feature we're planning to release in the near future! It's not available as of now, unfortunately, but thanks for letting me know that it'd be important for you! The reason why I'm not posting that type of content is that I'm trying to build an audience on X which is more interested in the tech/updates aspect of Touring and not on the travelling itself. For that, we're planning on using other platforms, such as Instagram and TikTok.
    George Lewis
    Patience and Persistence: Building an audience takes time. Don't get discouraged if you don't see immediate results. Keep at it and stay consistent.
    @george_lewis6 That's very true! I mean, started at 20 and now at about 135, so the progress is slow but steady!
    James Lewis
    Experiment and Adjust: Try different approaches, topics, or styles of content. Analyze what works best for your audience and adjust your strategy accordingly.
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    Hey man, i think everyone should have a community to spread the public build. Everyone shares and engage will spread the word more. make sense ?
    Ruslan.D
    reading and think that I don't want spend so much time on social networks 😔 but i have to ((
    Prem Saini
    Have you thought of varying the kinds of content? Sometimes, experimenting with different formats or engaging visuals can catch attention.
    Maria Anosova 🔥
    it's so familiar 😂
    @maria_anosova We're in this together 🔥 hahah
    Building in public can definitely be a challenging journey, but don't get discouraged! It's great that you're focusing on providing value to your readers, and that's what truly matters in the long run. Sometimes, it can feel like the engagement isn't reflecting the effort we put in, but remember that genuine connections and impact take time to build. I took a look at your X profile, and I'm impressed by your dedication to sharing your journey. One suggestion I have is to engage with the community even more by joining conversations, asking questions, and sharing insights. Building relationships and adding value beyond your own posts can really boost your visibility. I'm excited to follow your journey and see how you continue to grow. Keep pushing forward, and remember that the process is just as important as the results. You're doing great!
    Aarushi
    Hey @gabriele_mazzola, I believe that these things take a but of time for you toundertand the working of the platform. You should focus on the right hashtags, keep posting regularly ( don't spam), start building a community and learn on the way :) Followed you, all the best!