• Subscribe
  • Top design tips to keep in mind for non-designers?

Kate Santoro
    5 replies
    Can you share any top design tips to keep in mind while working on content? I'm a content manager and regularly create blog posts, social content, etc. But I'm not a designer and have never had design training, I just usually work with templates and adapt to our branding. But I'd like to understand some of the best practices of good design.

Replies

Ceeya AI - Personal Brand Builder
    There are many aspects that you have to consider, but it boils down to two things 1. Your Audience 2. The Context As a non-designer, it's important to keep in mind the audience you're creating for and the context in which your design will be used. Understanding your audience will help you tailor your design to their preferences and needs, ensuring that your message is effectively communicated. Moreover, considering the context of your design is also critical. What is the purpose of your design? Where will it be displayed or used? These are important questions to ask yourself as you create your design. By keeping these two key points in mind, you'll be better equipped to create designs that resonate with your audience and effectively convey your message. Remember, design is not just about aesthetics, it's about communication.
    Kate Santoro
    @djteknokid Thanks David! Wise words, these are things I always try to keep in mind. Totally agree that it's true that design is communication! :)
    Vishal Patel
    Absolutely! As a content manager, it's important to have a basic understanding of design principles to create visually appealing content. Here are some top design tips to keep in mind: Keep it simple: Avoid clutter and keep your design clean and simple. Use white space effectively to make your content easy to read and visually appealing. Use a consistent color palette: Stick to a consistent color palette throughout your content. This helps to create a cohesive and recognizable brand identity. Choose easy-to-read fonts: Use legible fonts that are easy to read, especially in longer-form content such as blog posts. Avoid using too many different fonts, as this can be distracting and make your content difficult to read. Use high-quality images: Images can enhance your content and make it more engaging. Use high-quality images that are relevant to your content and align with your brand's style. Follow design hierarchy: Use design hierarchy to guide the reader's eye and emphasize the most important content. This can be done using font size, color, and placement. Keep branding consistent: Ensure that your content aligns with your brand's guidelines and maintain consistency across all content types. Learn from others: Look at designs from other companies or designers to gain inspiration and understand what works well in terms of design. I hope these tips are helpful to you! Remember, good design doesn't have to be complicated. By keeping things simple, consistent, and easy to read, you can create visually appealing content that resonates with your audience.
    Brendan
    ¿No sabes cómo ganar dinero rápido y a lo grande? Entonces esto es juegging para ti. Entra, diviértete y gana mucho dinero. Ganancias honestas y pagos rápidos sólo aquí.