• Subscribe
  • Should I collect prepayments before the product is released?

Maxim Fedorov
    3 replies
    I creating an interactive platform; the MVP is complex and slightly delayed, but I plan to open early registrations on Product Hunt before the launch. Is it appropriate to collect prepayments before the product is released? Another question is whether it's appropriate to collect prepayments if the product includes a free tariff.

Replies

Shajedul Karim
    thinking about collecting prepayments before your product's out is a common strategy. it can help gauge interest, get some early funding, especially for complex mvps. but, transparency's key. be clear about what's coming and when. for a product with a free tier, maybe offer prepayment for exclusive early access or additional features. it's about balancing customer trust and your need for early validation. curious, how are you planning to manage expectations and deliver on promises?
    Maxim Fedorov
    @shajedulkarim_ thanks! > curious, how are you planning to manage expectations and deliver on promises? I'm would like give a big discount (1 prepaid month = 6 monthes after start with refund promise). About manage expectations — I will work with customers and will build the transparency roadmap)