• Subscribe
  • Product of the Day (low traffic day) vs Top 10 (high traffic day)

Bohdan Honyk
    16 replies
    I'm getting ready to launch soon but still not sure about the best day. On one hand, there's a chance to snag the "Product of the Day" badge. But, is it really worth giving up potential high traffic? What do you think?

Replies

Nico Spijker
    Product of the day on a low traffic day. PH mentions you on their socials and newsletter, also a long-term value-add for website. Besides that it's a % game, if you rank 7th on a busy day for example, do you think traffic will still be higher than 1-2-3 on a slow day? Usually not.
    Better to be the Product of the Day on a high traffic day
    Mahir Mahdi
    If it's the first launch then I believe Product of the day is going to play a great role for your product's rep.
    Sviatoslav Terletskyi
    Product of the Day due to PH newsletter campaign
    Bohdan Honyk
    @sviatko it's interesting whether this campaign is effective. Would be good to know at least the open rate
    Mahsima Dastan
    Most of the time it's not about rank, its about who found you. so high traffic days are more valuable for me
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    If you ask me, i would always jump into the highest competitive day and achieve the 1st position. its all about your end goal. Fundamentally you should choose that serves you best.
    Mercer Kai
    high traffic day top 10
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    Believe top #3 in a low traffic day would bring extra visits over time (tail) because they will be easier to find, will be mentioned by PH and get some extra attention. In addition to that, product of the day is easier to capitalize in media / social publications, getting extra attention afterwards. Specifically for Twitter and LinkedIn. So numbers wise not guaranteed that 5-7 in high traffic will give you more users attention.
    Carol Moh
    @kostyabolsh exactly this - it’s unlikely the average person is going to check what day you launched but they will be like oh they got a badge that’s good.
    Velusamy Subramaniam
    Launching on Monday. Lets see what i get from the PH for BoldDesk
    Velusamy Subramaniam
    We are live now on BoldDesk Product Hunt today. Please show us some love and support us on Product Hunt. I'm hope to get your feedback here.