• Subscribe
  • Pet Photography Fundraiser

Igor Cozman
    2 replies
    We were contacted by a pet photographer who wanted to do a fundraiser for an animal nonprofit. We did nothing to cultivate it -- all we did was say "Yes!" I just wanted to share the idea, and I would also love any thoughts for how to make the most of it! Instead of March Madness, we are doing "Pooch Playoffs." The photographer will do pet photography sessions for 16 dogs in February, and then they will be pitted against each other "tournament-style" during March in a social media contest. To enter the competition, pooch parents are asked to pay $99 for a 1-hour photography session. In return, they each get a 5x7 metal print of their pet and a goodie bag. The winner will receive a prize basket from a local pet store. Proceeds will be donated to Pawster Nashville, our nonprofit.

Replies

Santos Lugo
    I love the "Pooch Playoffs" twist! It reminds me of when we did a similar fundraiser for our local animal shelter a while back. We had a pet photo contest where each entry fee went to the shelter, and it was amazing to see all the adorable pets and their photos on social media. It really brought the community together, and we raised a lot of funds for a good cause. For your event, I’d suggest promoting it as much as possible on social media and perhaps reaching out to local pet influencers or bloggers to spread the word. You might also want to consider featuring some behind-the-scenes shots of the photo sessions to keep the buzz going. Also, if you’re looking for a way to showcase the winning pet's portrait, you might want to check out https://impersonateme.com/products/custom-pet-portrait-poster-only/. It’s a great way to create a lasting memory for the winner!
    Harrold Strength
    I really love this. Another tie-in might be with the local arts council or commission, to find volunteer artists to create these pet portraits. Maybe the funds could be split between the two organizations? In a perfect world, the artists would volunteer their work. Collaborations are always nice.