• Subscribe
  • Perception vs. Reality: Bridging the Gap Between Client Expectations and Design Realities

Sophiko Jeiranashvili
    5 replies
    Question for designers: Do you feel that your clients/customers may not fully grasp the technical complexities and effort required to produce high-quality designs? If they did, wouldn't their requests for unlimited changes seem contradictory?

Replies

Gary Turner
    many clients may not fully understand the intricate technical complexities and extensive effort involved in creating high-quality designs, leading to requests for unlimited changes, which can indeed seem contradictory if they were more aware of the time and skill required for each revision.
    Sophiko Jeiranashvili
    @turner22g You're absolutely right, and it's a challenge many in the design industry face. Communication and education play a crucial role here. Helping clients understand the intricate technical complexities and the substantial effort that goes into crafting high-quality designs can bridge this gap.
    George Lee
    it's common to find that clients might not have a complete understanding of the intricate technical processes involved in creating top-notch designs, and if they were more aware, their demands for unlimited revisions could indeed appear contradictory, since a deeper appreciation of the complexity would likely lead to more aligned and considered design requests.
    Daniela Uemura
    I think it is only natural our clients/costumers aren't experts in design technicalities like we designers are. It is our job to communicate that to them even though it is really annoying and time consuming to do so. I've experienced communicating with some clients as if they knew nothing of design, concepts, form and so on. I would set pre-project meetings explaining the project process and each step, deadlines, and costs for remaking an approved step. It works (even if you have to remind them during the project...)
    Sophiko Jeiranashvili
    @uemuradani Agree, right communication and setting right expectations is the key for successful collaboration in most cases