• Subscribe
  • Launching AI products for devs & gaining traction. Tips & best strategies?

Kas Szatylowicz
    21 replies
    What are some of your favorite ways to reach a very technical audience (devs) & gain traction for your products? We will be launching an AI security product for LLM application creators and wondering what are some of the best way to make some noise about it and invite them to a BETA program. :) advice appreciated!

Replies

Anil Matcha
    Twitter is the best channel to quickly reach developers and gain traction. Langchain and LlamaIndex are proof of it Myself have gained ~6000 followers posting AI dev content
    Kas Szatylowicz
    @matcha_anil @olena_bomko do you see any changes when it comes to Twitter ads after its rebrand to X?
    Abhinay kumar
    Give early access to them and let them try the product. Try to incorporate the feedback from them. Get into discussions around technical details with them. Engage the audience. P.S - I have also launched my product SayData today. Would appreciate you trying it out (currently #1 for the day) and providing your reviews and support for the product
    Italo Costa | System Developer
    Excellent question. I had a question about that though, what kind of AI product could I release. I await responses on your post to learn too.
    Adam Lui
    Simply launching on PH exponentially boosted the visibility of my technical product for devs, chatgpt.js (it received tons of traffic from subsequent newsletter pushes, no further action taken) and it even led to 100.builders reaching out to encourage me to apply (for which I got accepted!) Also chatgpt.js could be considered BETA, but it most certainly isn't marketed that way yet still gained immense traction, so calling it BETA might hurt the chances others will take it seriously (maybe not, but people want to use polished things) So my "strategy" in hindsight was, when the product (which is still beta) can finally be marketed as polished, just launch on PH, then reap the rewards of increased publicity (which results in conversions since it doesn't feel "beta"). i.e. if I did it when it felt truly beta, it wouldn't get included in newsletters or 1k+ stars on GitHub (where ppl star things that are epic not beta)
    Kas Szatylowicz
    @adamlui thanks! have you tried launching anything on HackerNews, too?
    Adam Lui
    @hey_its_kas actually I have, but it usually results in very little traffic. But two times a regular community member shared a link instead, and it resulted in many upvotes and became a great source of traffic that week
    Kas Szatylowicz
    @adamlui makes sense! We'll try to publish a link there, too but heard it's very hit&miss with HackerNews
    I spoke to my CTO and here's what he got! 1) Create a public repository showcasing your AI security product. Developers love to see the code, documentation, and examples. It's like throwing a party for coders! 2) Join developer forums like Reddit's r/programming, Stack Overflow, and specialized AI and security forums. Answer questions, offer solutions, and subtly mention how your product can help.
    Marilena Nikou
    Xence by Gaspar AI
    great question, looking forward to all the feedback!
    Kanees
    Nuestros servicios de reparación y instalación de Garage Door Springs puertas de garaje de alta calidad están disponibles a precios razonables.
    Olena Bomko
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    Twitter and building in public are the best for B2C and cheap B2B. If you have enterprise B2B, LinkedIn is the best.