• Subscribe
  • Is this a common problem (purchased PH upvotes)?

Robin
    4 replies
    Is this a real thing or just a "niche" problem? https://typestudio.co/blog/suspicious-upvotes-on-product-hunt/ What do you think?

Replies

Rashmi Gupta
    I saw your analysis now, amazing presentation and analysis!!
    Begüm Bayram
    Healthy Relationship With Cats
    If the maker is an actually a company this boots from employees are possible. But in this situation boots will occur in the beginning to have a strong start. It is also possible that those makers' network woke up at that 2 hours (time zone issues). It is always possible to "buy" upvotes but PH algorithm constantly fight with this issue. If there is a market of upvotes, it must be a very pricy one.
    Rashmi Gupta
    why would would you buy it, what's the benefit of having fake upvote in PH, that to so many?
    Begüm Bayram
    Healthy Relationship With Cats
    @rashjbp More upvote means higher rank and higher possiblity to reach more people. People give attention more for the product on the top 5. But I agree with you that "buying" is not necessery. I also think that paying for PH newsettler is not necessery too (because it doesn't make you get taht much new customers) but so much people pay serious amounts for that.