• Subscribe
  • Is it important to build a presence on Product Hunt before launching?

Natasha H
    7 replies
    I read that Product Hunt recommends new users join the platform three months or more before launching to help build a presence. How important is this to the success of a launch?

Replies

Willow Evangeline Harlow
    Definitely! Building a pre-launch audience on Product Hunt can give you a big boost. Some things to try: 1) Create a killer coming soon page to build buzz 2) Share content related to your product on social media and link to your PH coming soon page 3) Encourage your followers/fans to follow your PH page. The more traction you get pre-launch, the higher you can rank when you do launch!
    Natasha H
    @willowevangelineharlow thanks for your suggestions. Regarding your 3rd point, would my LinkedIn followers need PH accounts to follow the coming soon page? If they do, how can I encourage them to sign up and follow my launch journey on PH?
    Karthik Tatikonda
    Yes 100% It is better to build an audience before the launch. This will help you to rank higher on product hunt You can grow your audience by - Create a coming soon page - Create content around your product and share the coming soon page in your socials - Ask your followers to follow your coming soon page
    A Chenchen
    I think this recommend is very important, for the adaptation period of the Product Hunt application and to attract many people to product launches
    Matt El Mouktafi
    I think it's important, or at least, if you have a strong community outside of PH, you should invite them to join PH before your launch, which imply that you're also active on PH before your launch If you wait for launch day for your community to join and upvote, I think it may trigger alert from PH as fake traffic or artificial promotion of your product.