• Subscribe
  • If you were Google's Product Manager right now, what will be your strategy to deal with ChatGTP?

Abhinav Yadav
    10 replies
    A thought experiment for all Product Managers and Product lovers. I am curious how the business model of Google going to change in these circumstances. If you were in their shoes, what strategy will you deploy and why?

Replies

Hashnimo
    NoNext for YouTube
    NoNext for YouTube
    That's a big 'if', but I will continue working on Bard to seamlessly integrate it into the current Google search. As for the business model, it will not change, as GPT models rely on websites for the most recent information. If monetization is not feasible, websites will stop posting new information, causing GPT models to rely on outdated data.
    Abhinav Yadav
    @hashnimo I agree. This is a chick and an egg problem. But what do you think how google can make chat gtp integrate in there browser so that they maintain the same insensitive for website content creators? Current Chat GTP just picks top pages reducing chances for other pages to get traffic.
    Matthias Strafinger
    Do you mean for their search product? If yes, I believe people enjoy the convenience of just asking a chat bot here. -> so making sure providing the maximum of convenience to the customer possible.
    Leonid Mikhalev
    I would switch to M&A department and acquire them for any price 😂
    Abhinav Yadav
    @leonid_mikhalev That boat has already sailed. Microsoft soft has already invested in Open AI
    Salma Mayorquin
    I often use google search by filtering for recent articles. I'd like to see google lean into recommending relevent and recent news before I ask for it. chatGPT is unable to reason about current events and prone to hallucination. Compared to news and discovery sites like Twitter, Google has better domain authority and is more capable of personalizing the feed to users.
    Abhinav Yadav
    @smayorquin I understand that, but that basically means the google is now a news Or event consolidation platform which will be significantly smaller than what it use to be. What do you think what can google do to not loose it's market share?
    Salma Mayorquin
    @abhinav_wavel I suppose we deal with the noise of news/microblog sites for the chance to catch the few pearls. Now suppose that all your favorite opinions were covering all the things which interest you. You might not leave the feed. I'm thinking of how google can use their index along with personalization with genAI to make the info feed which anticipates what I'm looking for before the need to write a query and without waiting for chatGPT to spell it out.
    André J
    Yell at everyone on slack 😅
    Abhinav Yadav
    @eonpilot That's what I think might actually be happening at Google right now 🤣🤣