• Subscribe
  • Ideal length of an explainer video

Ashwin Madhavan
    10 replies
    Hi guys, We are conducting a survey on explainer videos.. During the past one year, I have come across many individuals, who prefer watching "short" explainer presentation videos while surfing YouTube or online education platforms. According to you, what should be the ideal length of an explainer video? Please let me know your thoughts in the comments (if any)!

Replies

Martina Hackbartt
    I'd say as short as possible getting all your relevant content in!
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    Most experts recommend placing an explainer video between 60 and 90 seconds in length. The average viewer retention of a 1-2 minute explainer clip is 57%, which means that the majority of viewers are likely to receive half of your message.
    Li Liang
    Snackable AI
    Ideally, under 90 seconds. Any longer and you'll start to lose viewers.
    Gurpinder Singh
    In this era of short form video content, don't make too long explainer videos. An ideal length would be around 3-5 minutes. Short videos would get more clicks when searched on YouTube.
    Andrew C.
    i personally usually keep an eye out for 1-3 mins; then I check the views !
    Vaibhav Taneja
    The ideal length should be 1-3 minutes, the shorter the video, the more views it'll get. Nobody likes to see longer videos nowadays.
    Andrew Philip
    The ideal length for an explainer video is somewhere between one and two minutes.
    Marc Davllee
    Short video is good. Noways people are busier than ever.