• Subscribe
  • I'm Will, co-founder of the text-to-website tool, Dora AI. AMA

Will Choo
    37 replies
    Hey there! I'm Will; serial entrepneur, programmer, product designer, and the co-founder of Dora AI. From my early days of tinkering with radios and other hardware, to getting lost in the world of cutting-edge technology, I've always been a geek at heart. That geekiness brought you Dora, my fourth startup project, and I hope to create a new web design tool that can help designers quickly create top-notch websites with interactive 3D effects and complex animations without writing any code. After more than two years of product development, cutting-edge designers and top studios from over 20 countries around the world have become dedicated users of Dora. Today we are taking a new step: launching Dora AI, which can generate top-notch websites like Apple-level with just one sentence, and even generate interactive 3D animations. Join me for an Ask Me Anything (AMA) discussion. Let's dive deep into the realms of AI, startups, and everything in between. 🌐

Replies

Chanul Koku
    How did you get into starting dora and building product?
    Will Choo
    @funky_monkey Hi Chanul, I'd say one of our inspirations actually came from Notion. When first using Notion, I immediately recognized its appeal as a no-code tool that could satisfy a complex range of user demands and scenarios. With this approach in mind, I sought to develop a no-code tool that could build any kind of app. However, I had a unique vision for Dora—to go beyond Notion's capabilities and provide even greater customization options, allowing for enhanced creativity and design flexibility. It took me three months to build Dora's demo, secure investments, and subsequently form an early-stage team to embark on the development of Dora Alpha.
    Will Choo
    By the way, we are launching on product hunt today and it would mean the world to us if you were able to check us out: https://producthunt.com/posts/do...… Would love to hear your thoughts!
    bianque
    @will_choo Hi Will I've already upvote your Dora AI,Interactive 3D animations look really cool! I have also launch an AI video editing tool. Would you be interested in trying out my product?
    Richard Gao
    How long did it take you to finish the project?
    Peng Rui
    Interesting product, looking forward to seeing it soon and providing feedback. By the way, what is the biggest highlight of this product compared with other products in the same category?
    Chris Messina
    In which contexts does 3D and animations and transitions add to the experience of a website vs detract from it? Are there cases where you would recommend against using flashy effects? For instance, how does Dora AI consider different platform considerations — like loading speeds and interactive on mobile vs environments with different pointing devices, like fingers, scrollwheels, and mice?
    Will Choo
    @chrismessina Hi Chris, I believe whether to use 3D/Animations depends on the client's brand personality. 3D/Animations can help young, creative, and personalized brands better attract their users and leave a deep impression. However, minimalist brands may not need it and can emphasize their brand tone through static 2D layout designs. Of course, different devices also play a crucial role. For example, we do not recommend using hover effects and too many 3D effects for mobile devices. In addition, the performance of mobile devices is often not as good as that of computers, and the performance loss caused by animations is often more significant.
    Svitlana Palamarchuk
    Hey Will, Big congrats on launching Dora AI - it sounds truly revolutionary! I'm curious, how do you ensure that the websites generated are unique and not repetitive in design? Looking forward to seeing this in action.
    Will Choo
    @svitlana_palamarchuk Dora AI is different from other Web AI products that simply match the description to an existing website template, and only generate and replace text and image materials in the template, without participating in the real website design work (website layout design, website element style design, etc.), which may result in repeated generated results. However, we have created a truly website generative AI, Dora AI, which is responsible for all the design work of the entire website, including website layout design, element style design, content design, etc. With the same website description, Dora AI generates different results each time.
    Ankit Sarvaiya
    Will, I work with large models let’s say of hospitals or mechanical rooms where there is a lot of pipes, when digitized, these get quite large in size. Have you thought of adding support for larger 3D models? Perhaps implementing a quad tree based viewing for the models might work?
    Will Choo
    @ankit_sarvaiya At the moment, we have limitations on the size of uploaded 3D models, both in consideration of the impact of large models on webpage performance and the cost of startup. We plan to support larger models in the future, but for now, you can try using some compression tools and methods to reduce the size of your model. For example, you can try compressing the size of textures or reducing the number of 3D vertices.
    Luke Emery
    I'll have to check it out. How long did it take you to build the AI technology? What models are you using?
    Willy
    CustomGPT Directory (acquired)
    CustomGPT Directory (acquired)
    Hey! I'm Will, too! What are the odds? hehe Funny story, I'm in a developer what's app group and we were talking about your app the other day. I'm not sure when I'll need a 3D website, but if I ever do this is it. The set up process was almost too easy (Nice!) and I really liked how everything flowed together. Rooting for ya!
    Will Choo
    @will_works Thank you for the wonderful fate, and thank you for your love and support. We will continue our efforts to create a better user experience!
    Chel Chen
    Love the concept, going to give a try.
    Carlos Rodrigues
    Just launched our creative agency a few days ago and we want to serve our clients with great looking and great working websites, mind bumping us up the waitlist, so we can start putting your app into practice? Got some work to do for clients in US and Brazil, hoping for the best for this app! Cheers
    Will Choo
    @solvedvisuals Before using Dora AI, you can try the Dora platform. Currently, top designers and agencies from more than 20 countries around the world are using Dora to build amazing websites. You can check out user cases on Dora's Twitter, and I believe you will love these incredible works.
    Carlos Rodrigues
    @elonmuskofficial found or created systems to put into place to get things done, and just kept his head down until he made enough to invest in his next company. With each new move, he risked more resources, so with that he reaped more rewards. Cheers to Elon
    Shane Wen
    I've seen your demo, it looks very promising! Do you have your own AI model that you use to generate the 3D models?
    Paul Pamfil
    Paul Pamfil@paul_pamfil Interesting tool, but I am wondering how you can assure that the site has an optimal speed and a strong server connection.
    Will Choo
    @paul_pamfil We partner with Amazon Web Services and deploy large and elastic cloud computing resources to ensure excellent speed and stable server connections.
    Boyo Warami
    Congratulations on your launch, is Dora production ready?
    MR. DEAD Gaming
    Dora AI is landing! Generate powerful SpaceX websites with a single prompt, fueled by AI 3D animation.The Full Day Offer by Telenor provides 5 MB data for all usage, 100 MBs for WhatsApp, and unlimited on-net calls till midnight. For subscription, dial *5*250#. ... https://pkinformer.com/telenor-c... – Daily/1-Day/24 Hours.
    Daniil Okhlopkov
    Sugar Free: Food Scanner
    Sugar Free: Food Scanner
    What about website-to-text? Imagine CLI browser which just answer your question for a website. Like “find the best roomba for my type of carpet”.
    David Allworthy
    @will_choo Congratulations, this looks amazing. I’ve watched the YouTube video and it looks super cool. Who is your target market? Designers, developers, small business owners, non-technical people, first time website creators who need a website to promote their business? I’m intrigued… thanks
    İlyas  M.
    At the beginning what was your plan regarding go to market strategy and how did it actually go in real life? How did you make people aware of your product? (Other than PH launch)
    Beyzzzzzzzzz
    So cool,I'm a product chief, learing Dora from the youtube。I will using in our new product
    Joel Carignan
    What kind of files does Dora output as far as HTML/CSS/JS? Once I generate a website, can I download and edit the source code?