• Subscribe
  • I'm thinking of doing something risky

My Phung
    5 replies
    I'm thinking of moving to an AirBnB in Austin to join a coworking space just to be around that high-energy startup scene every day and make connections with people. There's not much for me here in this small town but retired people living the rest of their life by the lakes. I'd be moving to downtown Austin with no job, just this startup that hasn't made a buck yet. I have about 5 months of funds. I know I'm crazy.

Replies

Kabir
    Congrats! It is an excellent exploration if you are young and do not have any obligations to other family members (kids, wife, parents). Since you have dev skills, you should be able to land some side hustle if you tell people your situation and be honest with them. Why don't you share your resume link here for folks to know what you can offer them while you are on this journey? Somebody might pick you up for some tasks they want to outsource.
    Mark Lemuel M
    good luck my bro. sometimes when people around you isn't inspiring you to do better , you are living in a cage. you made the right decision! prioritize your health outside! dreams are nothing without it!
    My Phung
    After sharing this story on Reddit I had a CEO reach out offering a guest spot in his home for cheap rent