• Subscribe
  • I'm a product manager (and a TikToker) who left my job, moved to Thailand, and is building a startup

Lena Pol
    10 replies
    In today's world, young people are often exposed to shallow and black-and-white information and viewpoints. As a TikToker who discusses business and tech, I've experienced how challenging it is to share in-depth information. When it comes to more important, non-agreeable topics, it's even tougher because it divides people and makes groups hate each other (yes, this is the power of media today). But research says that showing the complicated side of things, instead of just black-and-white opinions, can bring people together. It can increase agreement among people with opposite opinions from less than 20% to more than 90%. That's why we created ZPEDY, a platform that is like Wikipedia but, at the same time, is the opposite. It's made by and for Gen Z. Here, you can find easy explanations about topics and all the different opinions in an engaging and simple way. Our aim is to address curiosity, the desire for entertainment, and the sense of belonging for that generation in an innovative and impactful manner. Right now im doing my first steps as purchasing a domain name, thinking about the mission statement, the content and about the ui ux of the MVP app. Also, i would like to share everything i'm doing. Is this community a good place for that? Or should i prefer X?

Replies

Chris at Yakjive
    In my circles, I'm finding fewer and fewer people on X. This seems to be a good place to connect with people who actually think and talk product. The channels where you solicit feedback on the broader product idea (business model, UX, offering structure) may be different from the channels where you find your target audience.
    Konrad S.
    Your project seems to be interesting and important. If you want to share what you're doing, I think that X would be the best place, but you can share it here additionally of course.
    Lena Pol
    @konrad_sx Thank you! I don't have any experience with X. It seems like everything I post only gets 0 followers and views. Any tips, or perhaps other accounts for inspiration?
    Konrad S.
    @lena_pol Unfortunately I also have nearly no experience with X, you can have a look at my X account for my product App Finder https://twitter.com/appfndr, 15 followers, nearly no reactions. Thought if you have experience with TikTok it should be easier for you. Anyway, I plan to start a campaign with incentives soon where I will give people free in-app products for following and reposting my tweets. BTW, I got followers here on PH much faster. You should link your X accunt on you PH profile, maybe some people from here will follow.
    Arnout Ulenberg
    Interesting project! What I am most curious about, is whether you left your job with the intention to build ZPEDY or whether that came after you left your job?
    Lena Pol
    @arnout_ulenberg, I knew I definitely needed to start something on my own, as I've always had side hustles, am a content creator, and, in general, very entrepreneurial in spirit. I didn't have the idea for Zpedy, but for two months straight, I wrote down ideas and did a lot of brainstorming until that one hit me. I was sold on that idea after I already left my job.
    Arnout Ulenberg
    @lena_pol Thanks for your insight there. I was a little bit in doubt whether I quit too soon or not. In any case, I launched on PH today! Love to have your support :)
    Vivek Karna
    This is interesting and thoughtful. Since you are targeting Gen Z, wont it make more sense to focus on IG or Tiktok where you will find more of them? Also, since you are a Tiktoker yourself, it would serve you more compared to building an audience in an entirely new platform?
    Lena Pol
    @vivek_karna Actually, I didn't think that sharing the process of creation and gaining users for the platform are the same. I though that sharing is for the inspiration
    Vivek Karna
    @lena_pol You have a point. X and Discord are the platforms you should try. I can be wrong but you wont find many GenZ's on PH :) Also, you can promote your making journey on Tiktok/IG. Since its being made for GenZ and you believe they will like what you will be creating, then you will find interested folks from Tiktok/IG -> ZPEDY as you are building it and help shape it