• Subscribe
  • How to take your SaaS from $0-$100,000 MRR

Rohan Pathak
    9 replies
    Phase 1: - Launch your MVP - Get early users - Ask them for feedback Phase 2: - Create and distribute lead magnets - Build an email list - Tap into communities and forums - Incentivize frequent early users Phase 3: - Scale your paid marketing - Explore different channels - Hire a growth hacking team

Replies

Yassin Bouacherine
    Hi! That's a great overview! I will be in Phase 1 very soon!
    Rohan Pathak
    @jack95 this is a new field for me, I haven't worked with people in this industry but you're going in the right direction!
    Rohan Pathak
    @jack95 very good Yassin! I see you have a prototype of the website and you're talking about soil analysis and stuff! Would love to know more about what you're doing!
    Yassin Bouacherine
    @rohan_pathak1 Thanks, I hope we get to be done with this MVP very soon! ;D Here is a "quick" introduction to the concept of our SaaS. Our prototype will be providing a platform for those who seek to pursue their education or business model in the field of agroecology. it's the study of the relationship between crops and the environment. We are going for innovative practices that are being proven to be fruitful and tested and studied by national organizations. We are covering nearly all aspects of agriculture, from weather data, to crop management, livestock farming, and more. There are 9 features, in total and there are more that will be developed in a near future (agroforestry, fermented fertilizers, etc.)
    Josh Russ
    For phase 1 in B2B - where are your favorite places to launch your MVP to get early users?
    Rohan Pathak
    @josh_russ1 Good question Josh. Usually, what I like to do is first is define my idea customer persona. Then I list out where they hang out. - forums - communities - subreddits - influencers - blogposts Then I create a lead magnet/freebie that solves a pain problem they have. Give it away for free. At the end of the freebie, nudge them to book a 15-min call with you. Once we get them on a call, ask them relevant questions to validate your product idea. Bonus: Incentivize them with an extended free trial in exchange for some good feedback!
    Daniyar Yeskaliyev
    2 questions: 1. What exactly are 'lead magnets' in your case? 2. How do you incentivize frequent users? @diaanna just wanted to share this with you
    Rohan Pathak
    @diaanna @dan_yes 1. Lead magnets are essentially freebies you give away in exchange for someone's contact information (usually an email address). It can be in the form of: - checklists - cheat sheets - ebook - guide - tutorial video etc 2. To incentivize early users, you can offer them a lifetime subscription of the service for a one-time, low price. For example, you can give them lifetime access to your SaaS for $149. You'll secure your bag and they'll keep using your product for a longer time. Not to forget they'll give valuable feedback to us!