• Subscribe
  • How to launch a product with less than $10/month.

Fabio Reyes
    4 replies
    Having just launched my product, aka Stryvin, I'd like to share my experience of getting a product to market with minimal economic resources. Over the last decade I've dedicated myself to building several products, but this last one has been a challenge because I had to build it with a monthly burn rate of less than $10, and the first thing I've noticed is that instead of having a resource scarcity, I've actually seen a resource transformation. You stop paying for things with money and start paying with time, knowledge and even psychological resources. Less than $10/month and no compensation requires total commitment and sacrifice, as well as your full technical (ideally multidisciplinary) expertise and full-time work ~80hrs/week. You essentially become a one-man band. Overcoming the lack of a team: I spent most of my time learning the skills of what would have been employees and extra time executing them: coding, marketing, sales, design and psychology, etc No advertising: I design the product so that it can spread by itself: design for network effects, wom, virality (easier said than done). Infrastructure: Open source tools, efficient computing/requests code and cloud credits. I basically only pay for the domain name, I am always looking for ways to do the rest of the work myself in the first place. As I said, time is basically the new currency of exchange. Over the past few years, I've been determined to to experience the discipline of proving to myself that it's possible to create a business and even overcome poverty with very minimal resources in difficult economic conditions.

Replies

Luke
    Thanks for your information! Good luck to you~
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Inspiring! Good Luck with your launch, Fabio:)
    Bret Lee
    I suggest you have to sell over $30 products so that you can get a suitable margin such as https://macdemarcomerch.shop/mac...
    Brandon Lee Mitchell
    Check out the No Code Dev free resource directory for all sorts of affordable tools that can help with launching on a tight budget: https://nocodedev.com/free-resou.... Lots of free/cheap options for website builders, CRMs, email marketing, etc. Good luck with your launch!