• Subscribe
  • How many hours do you put in work every week?

Sankeerth Julapally
    10 replies
    I just put in a 100-hour week & can feel the burnout now

Replies

Evelyn Harris
    50-hours per week, I can feel the burnout also but we need to work.
    Tanay from Stacks
    Sticky - Your notes in the browser
    Sticky - Your notes in the browser
    Take the break Sankeerth. You may want to keep in mind that it's not a sprint, it is a marathon with many small sprints. It's better to pause than to stop working on your business. I do about 45-50 hours but many more hours thinking, browsing, and researching for the business. Idea is not the get burned out.
    Sankeerth Julapally
    @tanaylakhani Yeah i guess we all put so many more hours outside work thinking & browsing about it btw all the best with Stack Together launch ,happy to help in anyway possible
    Daniel Zaitzow
    I am sitting at around 50 but I think once we're live on our beta that will increase to around 80 until we're out of the launch woods. Pre-production for no code folks like myself isn't as heavy. Lots of hours logged on Product Hunt tho!
    Ivan Dudin
    30-40 if I don't count the work done in my mind
    Jamayal Tanweer
    I typically put in around 60 hours a week, which essentially feels like a sprint. I can maintain this pace for about three months without experiencing burnout. However, there comes a point where I notice a dip in my output, especially in terms of creativity. When this happens, I take a few days off. I plan these breaks strategically, usually between finishing one project and starting another. After disconnecting from everything work-related, I return feeling re-energized. I understand that 100 hours may sound like a lot, but I'm interested in learning how you've been managing sleep and finding time for your family.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @jamayal also interested in the quality of work / output with 100 hour weeks. Oftentimes the burnout you feel comes after your productivity starts to wane - Maybe thats just me!
    Jamayal Tanweer
    @dzaitzow I agree with you; I don’t think that working 100 hours a week is very productive. Eventually, you burn out and the quality is obviously not so great - I say this from personal experience, as I worked at a design agency during my early days, enduring long, grueling hours, even on weekends. I felt that in those 10 years, I aged so rapidly! However, while I am setting up my agency there are weeks when I work approximately 60 hours - it’s like a sprint to me (I have mentioned this in my above comment) - I don’t recommend doing it and I don’t want to unless I absolutely have to.