• Subscribe
  • How do you think the Metaverse and VR/AR technologies will shape the future of social media?

Sully Butt
    13 replies
    Happy Monday Hunters! 🚀 With Mark Zuckerberg putting all his chips on the development of his Metaverse, do you think we'll see a significant change in how people work in the near future? I'm interested to hear your thoughts! 👇

Replies

Mark Nicoll
    VR Chat is social media for 2023, no photos, no videos just live content as it happens. Wear haptics for the feels.
    Kathleen Smith
    Social media is a social activity. We are social beings in the real world. So it is only natural for us to want to be social on the internet too. Avatar Chat lets us play a role, lets us act like someone else, lets us do things we would never probably do in real life. So AR/VR is actually opening up a whole new door for social media. It is not just a new way to communicate - it is a new way of how we communicate.
    Sully Butt
    @kathleen_smith2 I agree, we are inherently social so it makes sense that we create these virtual spaces to practice that
    Hifsa Ahmed
    Virtual reality technology is here to stay and it is here to change everything about social media. It is predicted that virtual reality devices will bring an entirely new dimension to social interaction. That's right, social interaction -- social interaction in the same sense as we are used to.
    Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
    I think AR is going to change how we live. AR is going to actually makes us closer to social media and how we use it. It's going to be insane, I'm thrilled about the future.
    Sully Butt
    @joanduarte I'm also very excited for the opportunities that AR presents! I think integrating AR into our daily lives (à la Google Glasses/Hololens) is such an exciting concept, and will revolutionise our relationship with the world around us.
    Kira
    I came across a Metaverse dating app that allows strangers to meet each other and enjoy activities (like watching a movie or chatting in a part) without safety risks or even taking the time to dress up. This can be a future/direction for social media - bringing wider communities together and enjoying activities together.
    Jason Lee
    The Metaverse and virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) technologies have the potential to significantly impact the future of social media. These technologies allow users to create and experience immersive, 3D environments and interactions, which could fundamentally change how people socialize and communicate online. For example, VR/AR technologies could enable users to create and visit virtual spaces where they can interact with others in real-time, as if they were in the same physical location. This could allow for more personal and engaging forms of social interaction, as well as new ways of creating and sharing content. Additionally, the Metaverse and VR/AR technologies could enable businesses and organizations to create virtual experiences and spaces that allow users to interact with their products, services, or brand in a more immersive and engaging way. This could provide new opportunities for marketing, advertising, and customer engagement. Overall, the Metaverse and VR/AR technologies are likely to have a significant impact on the future of social media, and could lead to new and exciting ways of connecting and interacting with others online.
    Tedel
    No, I think the Metaverse will be an absolute failure and that it will be the end of the Facebook empire. Proof? Ask among your friends how many use Second Life, which is the other project in which people use an online avatar. > https://secondlife.com If I am wrong, worst case scenario is that we will start living in "La caja de Pandora", a short film you must watch if you want to understand this topic better. Here, free:
    Den Benny
    Yes, i use app https://goodstyle.tech/ it is more comfortable then website shop.