• Subscribe
  • How do you keep up with your emails?

Michael Westbrooks II
    19 replies
    Im curious here. What are some strategies or tools that you use to keep up with your inbox?

Replies

Edward C Scott
    Simply unsubscribe from unwanted emails
    Rupal Saini
    Within my inbox, I use labels to stay organized and add the relevant ones to folders based on their labels.
    Michael Westbrooks II
    @rupal_saini I think labels are largely underutilized to be honest. But I’ve been fearful about using them because I haven’t yet came up with a strategy to prevent me from creating more labels. It’s interesting though!
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Labelling them inside of my Inbox. I have category labels and "importance" labels. :)
    Michael Westbrooks II
    @busmark_w_nika labels labels more labels!! Haha on a serious note, Have you experienced any overlap with your labeling system? I’m curious if you’ve developed a strategy for how and when you create new labels, and how you decide what to label and when.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @michael_westbrooks_ii I have created categories related to topics (like social media, business stuff, good reads, AI tools and then for tasks – for various clients and priority system) :)
    Hamna Malik
    To stay on top of my emails, I check my inbox at set times and use filters to highlight important messages. Tools like Boomerang help me remember to follow up, and if I can reply in two minutes or less, I do it right away!
    Michael Westbrooks II
    @hamna_malik when you check at set times is this more of a habit that you’ve developed over time or do you use a tool or reminders? I’m going to have to check out boomerang!
    Yanlin Wu
    To label my emails, check regularly, and create an Excel form for the important ones
    Michael Westbrooks II
    @linda_yanlin an excel form! This is interesting. Whats the thought process for this one? How do you use it?
    Hongyuan Cao
    Absolutely agree! Keeping up with the inbox can be quite a task. Personally, I find that using tools like Spark and Superhuman has been a game-changer. They both offer features like smart sorting and prioritization, which help me tackle important emails first. Additionally, setting specific times during the day for email-checking, rather than constantly monitoring, keeps me more productive. What tools do others here find useful?
    Guillaume
    I use labels and filters to automatically categorize my emails, which helps keep things organized. If I can respond quickly, I do so right away; otherwise, I mark important ones with a star so I can easily retrieve and address them later. It’s a simple system but really effective for me. What about you?
    Stephen Maden
    When I open an email, I decide what to do with it immediately: respond, archive, or delegate. This prevents emails from piling up.
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    I prioritize my emails by categorizing them into urgent, important, and low-priority, and I set aside dedicated time each day to tackle them. Utilizing tools like filters and labels helps me stay organized and focused.
    Henry Habib
    Subfolders within inbox with one dedicated folder for action items only. Also, hired a VA to help manage :)
    Alexander Galitsky
    I keep them unread. That’s the secret
    Lenny Jean
    Reduce the number of emails you receive by unsubscribing from newsletters or mailing lists that you no longer find valuable. 🌟
    Benjamin Thomas Clark
    I use a combo of labels, filters, and automation to keep my inbox under control. Key labels for action items, waiting on response, etc. Filters auto-label certain types of emails. And I have rules set up to auto-archive old messages. Taming the email beast is a never-ending battle but those help a ton!