• Subscribe
  • How do you feel about some user interfaces not supporting dark more? ๐Ÿค”

Raphael Salaja
    12 replies
    Not looking at any sites in particular ๐Ÿ‘€, but I was just curious on what's your stance on the matter. Should all sites have light/dark modes for accessibility?

Replies

WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    Yes, I believe all websites eventually will start providing dark modes. Many website owners still do not think it is essential, so they are not doing it.
    Raphael Salaja
    Indie Developer Toolkit for Notion
    @qudsia_ali Maybe the demand for it is too low for it to be an issue ๐Ÿค”
    Omri Tamir
    @raf_underscore i'd say the demand is already fairly large, even if not outspoken! supply has yet to catch up.
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    @raf_underscore I agree. The demand is gradually increasing, and so is the response.
    Jonas Schaller
    I think there are some sites that dont have darkmode and thats good like it is for user friendly cases or it dont fits the business/page. But others could support it like ph, i personaly use chrome darkmode extension for ph
    Raphael Salaja
    @jonassc You make a good point Jonas, Thanks for the input
    Saif Ullah Khalid
    Bubbl Widget
    Launching soon!
    I think the dark mode is quite impressive to use. Every app developer should consider it.
    Jake Reynolds
    I use to think dark mode was a huge thing to try and build, having never done it before. But after being able to get it up and running in tailwind in under 2 hours https://twitter.com/jreynoldsdev... I have no idea why more sites donโ€™t have it. I think chrome has a dev flag you can enable thatโ€™ll start converting all sites to dark mode for you, automatically ๐Ÿช„
    Kanisk Gautam
    I guess most websites should provide Dark mode as it is much better on eyes and also look quite good.
    Raphael Salaja
    @kanisk_gautam I agree, thanks for the input!
    Ivan Ralic
    Collabwriting
    Collabwriting
    I don't really care about dark mode, if user ask for it, they'll get it ๐Ÿ˜