• Subscribe
  • How do you determine if a product is good or bad?

Ven Fauzia
    18 replies

Replies

Arthur Leclercq
    I take a look to what the product is promising, if their promise fits with what happens, it is a good one
    Arthur Leclercq
    @ven_fauzia not really, there is too many fakes I feel, so it is not relevant to me
    Ven Fauzia
    @arthur_leclercq Thank you for your insight! Evaluating whether a product lives up to its promises is definitely a key factor. Consistency between marketing claims and actual performance is crucial. Do you also consider other factors, such as customer reviews or expert opinions, in your assessment?
    Ricardo
    @arthur_leclercq Hi Arthur! would you like to check out my ideas? would that be good? https://www.producthunt.com/disc...
    Hossein Yazdi
    I consider it's UI, UX, idea, and features. These are the most important metrics for me!
    Ven Fauzia
    @hosseinyazdi Thanks for sharing your criteria! Evaluating a product based on its UI, UX, idea, and features is indeed important. A good interface and user experience can significantly enhance the overall value of a product. How do you prioritize these metrics when one might excel in one area but fall short in another?
    Chris
    I believe the quality of a product is ultimately determined by how well it solves a real problem for its target audience. User feedback, engagement metrics, and retention rates can all provide valuable insights into the effectiveness of a product. Additionally, conducting thorough market research and staying abreast of industry trends can help ensure that the product remains competitive and relevant in the ever-evolving tech landscape.
    Ven Fauzia
    @chris_prosopo Thank you for your insightful answer! I completely agree that solving a real problem for the target audience is a fundamental measure of a product's quality. User feedback, engagement metrics, and retention rates are indeed valuable for gauging effectiveness. Conducting thorough market research and staying updated on industry trends are also critical for staying competitive. Do you have any specific strategies or tools you recommend for tracking these metrics and staying informed about industry trends?
    Maryna Kotenko
    The revenue of the product, I think :)
    Ven Fauzia
    @mkotenko lol, but do you believe revenue alone is sufficient to determine the overall quality and impact of a product, or do you consider other factors as well?
    Sometimes people judge by looking at the MVP. That decision could go wrong. However, if the product is fully functional, you need to first know what your own needs are. If the product is fulfilling those needs, maybe solving a few more things that you never thought were problematic, also there's a good history showing how regularly the product is improved and they have a proper roadmap of how things would be better in the coming months/years with at least ONE innovative addition - It's a great product and a great team you can trust.
    Ven Fauzia
    @vertikanigam Thank you for your detailed perspective! It's true that judging a product solely by its MVP can be misleading, as it might not reflect the full potential. Understanding personal needs and seeing how a product meets and exceeds them is crucial. Regular improvements and a clear roadmap are indeed strong indicators of a reliable product and team. How do you typically track a product's development history and future plans?
    @ven_fauzia There’s no single way to do that. If a product has been in existence for decades, then these kind of information is often documented by multiple magazines and blogs. If it’s a recent tech product, most companies show their product’s roadmap briefly.
    When evaluating a product, it all comes down to how well it addresses the needs of its target audience. Problem: Struggling with creating engaging social media content that resonates with your audience and boosts engagement? With Contentify AI, you can automate the creation of visually appealing and captivating social media content that is tailored to your brand identity and marketing goals. This can help you save time and effort while improving your online presence and connecting with your audience effectively. Try Contentify AI for Free here just look up Contentify AI
    @ven_fauzia I would appreciate your feedback
    Fabian Maume
    Is your question about selecting a product to buy or deciding if you should keep on developing your own product?
    Gurkaran Singh
    Determining if a product is good or bad is like finding bugs in code – you gotta test it thoroughly to unveil its true potential!