• Subscribe
  • How do you balance work-life when running a startup?

William Mathews
    9 replies
    So far my plan has been to not bother and work all the time, but that is getting a fairly bad response from my girlfriend Any advice on this would be much appreciated!

Replies

adya Gupta
    I simply wanted to write down a quick word to say thanks to you for the wonderful information you are showing on this site. UI/UX design course
    Eden
    I've found scheduling dates and things like that with my wife ahead of time helps a lot. You have to cut out a lot of things in your life (video games, going out, etc) but I've definitely made it a point to maintain the important relationships in my life. Find ways to spend more time intentionally together and have a real discussion on how much time you'll need to spend building!
    André J
    Flip the question on the head, why feel bad for not giving them your time. Why not ask friends and family to help you out on this venture? Founders are needed a lot in the beginning of the journey and less so later.
    Narendra Solanki
    @sentry_co That's an interesting perspective. Involving friends and family can indeed be a way to blend personal and professional life. However, it's also essential to ensure that relationships remain strong and unaffected by the pressures of the startup world. It's a delicate balance, but I appreciate the fresh viewpoint. It's a reminder that there are multiple ways to navigate this journey.
    Florian Jacques
    The answer is that it's really not easy! It's not new that my GF actually makes me feel guilty sometimes for spending too much time on building Midstay, but she doesn't fully grasp the passion and commitment it requires. Balancing a relationship and a startup is challenging, and I wish she could understand the depth of my dedication to both. It's a constant tug-of-war between personal time and the relentless drive to make Midstay succeed. I hope, with time, we can find a middle ground where both our needs are met and understood.
    Rocco Folliero
    I make a schedule and stick to it. I don't work after 5:00. https://netafrique.net/lafrique-...
    Narendra Solanki
    Balancing work-life in a startup is undeniably a challenge. It's essential to set clear boundaries, ensuring you allocate specific hours for work and personal time. Prioritising quality over quantity can lead to more productive days. Regular breaks and effective time management tools can prevent burnout. Open communication with loved ones about your goals and their needs is crucial. Engaging in self-care activities and seeking mentorship can also provide valuable perspectives. Remember, startups are a marathon, not a sprint, and maintaining your well-being benefits both your personal life and business.
    Asfiya khan
    keep things balanced is difficult but not impossible ,time management is the best option