• Subscribe
  • Hiring a tech team instead of a technical co founder

Lalitha
    13 replies
    I am a non technical founder, I have been searching for the right co founder and came across an advice that you can hire a technical team instead of a technical co founder what's your thoughts on this ?

Replies

Tanay from Stacks
    Sticky - Your notes in the browser
    Sticky - Your notes in the browser
    Hi Lalitha, I have strong experience in tech, if you want to chat about your product, I may be able to help out with some initial steps.
    Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
    You should continue searching for a technical cofounder. It's going to cost less and it's far more practical, you can use YCombinators to search for a Tech Cofounder.
    Manab Boruah
    Agree to what @joanduarte suggested. Your co-founder will work as hard as you. Your employees won't.
    Lalitha
    @manab_boruah @joanduarte Thank you, I will use tech team as a temporary solution while I continue to search for co founder
    Uday Patel
    @manab_boruah @joanduarte @lalitha_ar We provide on demand developers and CTO and we can build you idea from ground up and help you with GTMS. you can reach out to me on codepaper.com
    Saurabh Wadhawan
    You need some one to steer the ship on the technology front. Team is no replacement for this role. while you keep on hiring interns/developers, but most importantly "do not" stop looking out for tech owner.
    Lalitha
    @saurabhwadhawan Thank you, I will use tech team as a temporary solution while I continue to search for co founder
    Matthew Kuzmin
    I'm working in the business providing team, so I can tell you that it may be a good temporal solution. You can start working with the team to get stack and at the same time look for internal co-founder who can help you to take over development process down the line.
    Lalitha
    @dan_levius Thank you for this perspective Matthew , I will use tech team as a temporary solution while I continue to search for an internal co founder who match my values and vibe
    WorkHub
    Launching soon!
    This can be beneficial in some cases, as it gives you the flexibility to build the team you need without the additional commitment associated with a co-founder.
    Martinus
    Hey Lalitha, Telling from over 10y of experience building startups.. You do need a tech co-founder or at least advisor. Doesn't have to be full-time, doesn't have to be a CTO on payroll. You need a tech leader especially if you want to outsource... To: - translate YOUR business vision into an tech roadmap - design / co-design the architecture of your platform / app - audit and oversee software development and the quality (super important - otherwise you might end up paying 2-3x for tech) Not recommended: - ask your co-founder to build your platform for shares (there's only a very small number of very small things that can be build by a single person - most likely taking long time) Outsourcing is more cost effective for startups - BUT has to be accompanied by a trusted tech leader / architect to oversee.