• Subscribe
  • Have you ever been judged/mocked for your ambition?

Loane
    1 reply
    Im 20 and currently, still a student and everyday I have to endure the mockery and contempt of the students in my class because I have projects and a way of thinking different from what is required by the school system. Even teachers and advisors tried to prevent me from continuing my activity. as there are a lot of entrepreneurs here I was wondering if you have also gone through this? Does it stop when we get older?

Replies

Peter Hansen
    I guess it'll end once you get older, or at least it'll take another form, e.g., your family telling you that your ideas won't work (just guessing, yet talking from your own experience). I have decided not to tell anybody what I'm up to and say something else. Often, I say, "I'm writing a book," so they might understand that I'm pulling their leg, which they don't always do! You could say, "I'm going to become a teacher so I can mock my students." I think that would hit hard. Defend yourself, believe in yourself, and don't discuss irrelevant things with people who simply don't understand. I feel sorry for you, by the way. Heads up and onwards.